Stork origami is the perfect gift, decoration, or starting point for making Senbazuru. Making a stork looks difficult, but it turns out to be easy and fun to fold, so don't hesitate to give this craft a try. You just need to follow these steps.
Step 1. Find a square sheet of paper
Origami paper is recommended. If you only have a regular sheet of printing paper, fold one of the top corners of the paper so that it aligns with the bottom edge of the paper, forming a rectangle. Cut the rectangles to make square paper.
Step 2. Fold the paper in half to form a rectangle
Step 3. Fold the top of the paper down until the top edge is in line with the bottom edge of the paper and then fold
Unfold the paper.
Step 4. Fold the paper in half the other way
Step 5. Fold vertically from right to left
Step 6. Fold then unfold
You will have a cross fold.
Step 7. Fold the paper diagonally
Fold the top right corner to the bottom left corner.
Step 8. Fold then unfold
Step 9. Fold the top left corner to the bottom right corner
Step 10. Fold then unfold
You will have a crease like an asterisk.
Step 11. Make the lower right side from the top cover to the middle row
Fold. Repeat on the lower left side. You will have a top that resembles a kite.
Step 12. Bring the right corner of the top cover to the center crease
This will make it so that the bottom right edge is parallel to the crease.
Step 13. Fold the top corner to make a crease along the horizontal line made in the previous step
Step 14. Unfold the last three folds
After this you will again have a square with the opening facing down.
Step 15. Fold the bottom corner of the square along the horizontal crease from the previous steps all the way to the top corner
Step 16. Flip the two folds on the top cover by folding them in opposite directions so the paper will fold naturally
Step 17. Make the outer edge of the paper to the center and then flatten
This will create a diamond shape with two flaps sticking out on the right and left sides.
Step 18. Turn the paper over and repeat steps 6-9 on this side
Step 19. Fold the outer edge of the diamond to the center crease
Step 20. Fold the right cover to the left
Do this as if you were turning the pages of a book.
Step 21. Then, reverse the shape
Repeat step 11 on this side. Then fold the right cover to the left again.
Step 22. Fold the bottom edge of the top cover all the way to the top corner
Turn it over and repeat on the other side.
Step 23. Fold the right cover to the left
Again, do this as if you were turning the pages of a book.
Step 24. Turn it over and repeat on the back
Now the head and tail will be nestled between what will become the wings.
Step 25. Fold the wings so that they are perpendicular to the body, head and tail
Step 26. Fold the ends of the head
Step 27. Pull the head and tail out so they are parallel to the outer edges of the body
Step 28. Create a 3D shape
If you want a three-dimensional body, you can hold the opposite corner at the bottom of the body and gently pull the shape to create volume.
Step 29. Enjoy your paper crane
You can give it as a gift, hang it up, or use it as a decoration.
- If you plan to finish the stork elsewhere, don't do the last step and keep the paper in your backpack, pocket, bag, etc. and. Flat paper would be better, you don't have to worry about the paper crumbling.
- The best way to hang a stork is to thread the string through the holes in the bottom and center of the body, where all the folds are reached.
- It is recommended to use thin paper and paper made specifically for origami. Thin tissue paper will be difficult to work with, but will create a beautiful clear stork.
Sometimes we need a different point of view on the manufacturing steps.
- Consider using recycled paper, it's better for the environment.
- Try making with foil for a metallic crane.
- Paper crane with rope can make your living room more beautiful.
- Experiment with patterns and textures. Scrapbook has plenty of paper for you to practice on. Other stores include a magazine store, a stationery store and a toy store.
- Don't use torn paper! To achieve the beauty and proper shape of the stork, straight edges are essential.
- For a neat and memorable look, fold or tear the Starburst wrapper into a square. Use it to make a stork.
- When you do that but get stuck, put on some soft music or take a break.