Do you like watching vampire-themed horror films? If so, you must know that garlic has always been represented as the most powerful vampire repellent in the fictional world. In the real world, it turns out that garlic also has an equally effective function to ward off disease, you know! In fact, garlic has nutritional components that can reduce fat levels in the blood, relax muscles, and even lower your blood pressure. In addition, garlic is also effective in boosting the immune system and controlling your cholesterol! The benefits of garlic have been medically proven so you don't need to hesitate to increase your consumption, whether in the form of raw, cooked, or even supplements. However, before taking garlic supplements, consult your doctor to make sure the supplement is safe for you to consume. Also mix garlic into the various foods you consume and don't hesitate to use various products that contain garlic as one of its constituent components.
Part 1 of 2: Adding Garlic to Your Diet
Step 1. Add bulb of garlic to your diet every day
Most people prefer to eat garlic that has been sauteed or processed first. However, actually raw garlic has a richer nutritional content and a taste that is no less delicious! To get maximum health benefits, try eating a mixture of raw and cooked garlic combined with a variety of dishes. Before consuming, make sure the garlic is first chopped, sliced, or crushed with a pestle to bring out its aroma, taste, and nutrients. Some eat raw garlic, the muscles that make up your blood vessels will be more relaxed. As a result, their size will widen and your blood pressure will decrease. Some delicious ways to enjoy raw garlic:
- Combine sliced or chopped garlic with fresh tomatoes and basil. After that, pour the mixture over the surface of the pasta, bread, or lettuce.
- Add garlic to a bowl of salsa or guacamole sauce.
- Make the pesto sauce with the garlic mixture.
- Mix the sliced garlic into a bowl of lettuce.
- Spread the minced garlic on the surface of the white bread; add sliced tomatoes for added freshness.
- Make juice from tomato, lemon and garlic.
Step 2. Cook with garlic
Consuming raw garlic is the best way to get the maximum benefits. But if you are reluctant to do so, try mixing garlic into various dishes so that you can still feel the benefits. At least, use 1-2 cloves of garlic for each recipe. Like eating raw garlic, make sure you crush, slice, or chop the garlic first to maximize its taste, aroma, and nutrition. To get the best health benefits, let the garlic sit for about 15 minutes before cooking. Some ways to process garlic into various dishes are:
- Coat the meat or tofu with garlic and let it cool before cooking.
- Make garlic soup.
- Make a paste with a mixture of garlic and green vegetables.
- Mixing garlic into various processed vegetables.
- Mix the garlic into the mashed potatoes.
Step 3. Try consuming garlic oil
In fact, the aroma and taste of garlic is very delicious when combined with various types of dishes, and one way to ensure that your body is getting enough garlic intake is to cook a variety of foods using garlic oil. In addition to being able to make food delicious in an instant, garlic oil can also be applied to acne-prone, dry, and/or scaly skin to improve its condition.
Garlic oil can be purchased at most supermarkets or health stores. If you have a lot of free time, try making your own to make sure you use enough garlic. First of all, prepare a whole piece of garlic; Bake at 175°C for 20-30 minutes. After that, cook the roasted garlic in enough oil for 5 minutes. Strain the oil into a bowl and voila, you've made your own garlic oil! To maximize its benefits, cook garlic in 121°C oil
Step 4. Brew garlic tea
For those of you who have a fever or cold, consuming hot tea is effective in making your feelings and conditions improve in an instant. Consuming warm garlic tea, in addition to providing these benefits, is also effective in boosting your immune system, you know. To make this, try boiling chopped or whole garlic for a few minutes. After that, strain the decoction and enjoy the tea in warm conditions.
Add a little honey or ginger to enhance the taste of the tea
Step 5. Add garlic powder to the food
In some cases, consuming ground garlic is the most convenient option to try. However, like other garlic products, the health benefits that you will get will not be as much as consuming fresh garlic. However, there is no harm in trying to eat garlic powder if you want.
Add to 1 tsp. powdered garlic to pasta sauces, soups, and other dishes where the taste goes well with garlic
Step 6. Reduce the smell of garlic escaping from your mouth
Although the benefits of garlic for the body are unquestionable, many people are reluctant to consume it because it can make their breath smell bad, especially if consumed every day. If the same worries happen to you, try to counteract it by:
- Combine it with apples.
- Combine it with water and apple cider vinegar.
- Combine it with water and honey.
- Combine it with lemon.
Part 2 of 2: Taking Garlic Supplements
Step 1. Consume dried garlic capsules
Consuming fresh garlic is indeed the best option if you want to get maximum benefits. But if you are reluctant to do so, in fact similar benefits can still be obtained by consuming capsules containing dried garlic. You can buy these supplement capsules easily at various pharmacies and/or specialty stores that sell a variety of supplements.
- Read the product packaging label to ensure that allium is present in the supplement of your choice. Taking supplements that contain allium is very important to maximize the benefits received by your body. Make sure you also take the right dose to get the best results.
- It's best not to buy dry garlic tablets. Be careful, the process of making these tablets actually destroys various nutritional content in garlic.
Step 2. Take garlic supplements
Taking supplements is one of the most powerful ways to increase your level of garlic consumption.
- Talk to your doctor before taking garlic supplements. Chances are, you have a health condition or are taking medicines that should not be combined with garlic consumption. Therefore, always ask for a doctor's recommendation regarding a quality garlic supplement that is most suitable for you to consume.
- Consult with a trusted health professional to choose the best quality supplement for your health.
- Always follow the instructions on the packaging as well as the instructions given by the doctor.
Step 3. Look for products that have been verified by the USP (United States Pharmacopeia)
Since supplement products are not regulated by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration in the United States), you can check the quality of the product by looking at whether or not there is a USP label on the supplement packaging. Some other labels that you need to pay attention to (especially on imported supplement packaging) to ensure a type of supplement is appropriate and safe for consumption are:
- NSF International
- Consumer Lab
- Do not consume salt mixed with garlic powder (garlic salt) because these products contain very high sodium levels.
- There are people who will show an allergic reaction when consuming garlic. Some of the symptoms of a garlic allergy that you should be aware of are irritation and/or swelling in the nose area, itching, swelling of the skin, and asthma.