The age of children and adolescents is the age of growth. That is, what you do to your body will greatly determine your condition in the future. Surely you want to grow up to be a healthy and long-lived human being, right? For that, make sure you feed your body with adequate nutrition and diligently exercise. Want to know more complete tips? Read on for this article!
Step 1. Share your wishes with your parents; Also ask if they are willing to help you make it happen
Of course you can do it alone; but believe me, the extra support from friends and relatives can really motivate you to live a consistent lifestyle. To make your exercise activities more fun and easy to do, you can even invite them to exercise together, you know!
Step 2. Eat a healthy, balanced diet
Intake your body with fiber sources such as fruits and vegetables every day; make sure you drink lots of water too. If possible, avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates such as those found in white bread and pasta. Instead, eat more complex carbohydrates like those found in whole grains and beans. Remember, your body needs fat; therefore, keep consuming fat in limited amounts. So what if you still feel hungry after eating? Don't worry, this condition is normal because you are still in a period of growth. Whenever you feel hungry, try eating healthy snacks like yogurt, sliced fruit, or smoothies.
Step 3. Start exercising regularly
Make sure you choose a light type of exercise first; As your body gets used to it, slowly increase the intensity. The easiest way to exercise consistently is to join a gym; You can also use a personal trainer, you know! Although it costs more, a personal trainer can help find the type of exercise that suits your physical condition and body shape.
Are you too young to work out at the gym? Do not worry! You can still do various other fun sports, like soccer, tennis, basketball, or rollerblading! You can also start doing push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, and jumping jacks on a regular basis. If you prefer to exercise outdoors, try jogging, running, or jumping rope in your yard. Invite your friends to exercise together so you feel more motivated. Don't forget to always record your exercise pattern, OK
Step 4. Don't stop exercising once you reach your goal
Remember, you have to keep exercising to stay healthy. Therefore, make exercise a healthy habit that will give you lifelong benefits!
Step 5. Get moving
Make sure your body stays active! Every day, take 30 minutes (or three sessions lasting 10 minutes each) to walk, dance, or do any activity that prevents your body from being still. Besides being able to reduce the risk of disease, your energy will definitely increase and your stress will subside.
Step 6. If you feel pain while exercising, stop
Trust your instincts! If you experience unusual pain while exercising, stop right away. Basically, it's normal to experience pain and soreness after exercising. But if the pain is in the form of a burning pain in certain parts, stop. Immediately contact a doctor to consult the problem.
Step 7. Have fun
Your exercise consistency will be maintained if you choose the type of exercise that makes you happy and energized. If you work out just to look cool, chances are that your workout consistency will not be maintained.
Step 8. Find support
If any of your friends manage to lose weight through regular exercise, try taking them to exercise together. Most likely you will be motivated to follow the rhythm of the exercise; In addition, he is also able to act as a reliable motivator for you.
Step 9. Do strength training
To tone your muscles, do at least two weight lifting exercises a week. Make sure you choose a weight that is heavy enough to maximize your training process.
Step 10. Don't exercise non-stop
Make sure you take two days to rest and restore muscle condition before returning to strength training (if you want, you can fill that "break" by doing cardio).
Step 11. Warm up
Before exercising, make sure you warm up (cardio) lightly for 5-10 minutes. In addition to reducing the risk of injury, warming up will also help your body to maximize the calorie burning process while exercising.
Step 12. Do a “talk test”
If you can still chat with other people – but can't sing – while exercising, it means that your tempo is correct.
Step 13. Cool down
Take time to cool off after your workout; surely, this method will make your body much more relaxed afterwards.
Step 14. Vary your sport
Every few weeks, increase the intensity of your workout, lift different weights, or try a new type of class at the gym. Don't stop challenging your body to keep growing!
Step 15. Invite your friends to exercise together
Believe me, your exercise activities will feel much more fun if you do it with your dear friends.
Step 16. Every now and then, you can also laze around or enjoy some delicious chocolate
But remember, limit the portion!
Step 17. Remember, this should be a good time for you
Don't torture yourself and stress your body!
Step 18. Get enough and quality sleep so that your body is ready for the next day's activities
- Every now and then, you can also eat ready-to-eat food or your favorite sweet snack, you know! There's no need to completely taboo on sweet, greasy, or fast food; but also don't think of these foods as "gifts" because you managed to meet certain targets. It is feared, you will actually eat too much and out of control. Take good care of your body!
- Avoid consumption of energy drinks.
- Join a sports club in the area where you live.
- You will get bored if you keep doing the same exercise routine. Therefore, don't hesitate to vary your type of sport! Try playing Dance Revolution, swimming, horse riding, water polo or simply playing on the trampoline at the nearest gym!
- Tell your parents so they can help you exercise! If they can't or won't help you, try asking your best friend or a personal trainer at the gym.
- Drinking too much water can actually make you sick. When jogging or running, make sure you take small sips of the water, not gulp it down in large quantities.
- If you are a true music connoisseur, simply turn on your favorite music in your room and dance to the beat!
- Don't eat too much meat
- Write down the type of exercise you want to do and decide when you want to do it (try to be consistent).
- Be diligent in drinking water; In addition to refreshing your body, water also serves as food for your energy.
- Do not exercise excessively. If your body is very tired, stop and reduce the intensity of your exercise afterwards.
- There is no such thing as “too healthy”, but make sure you exercise gradually; adjust the type of exercise to your body's strength and don't try to exceed your body's limits.
- If you're not feeling happy, stop whatever you're doing. Remember, there is no point in being healthy if you are not happy.
- When you're playing on the trampoline or lifting weights, make sure you always have a partner watching over you!
- Don't be afraid to lift weights even if you are a woman. You don't have to worry about your body looking too muscular because in fact, lifting weights won't make a woman's body bulky and muscular. Instead, your body will become stronger, tighter, and less fat!