Mind reading tricks with math are a great way to combine your math skills with a little magic fun.
Method 1 of 2: 0 To 9
Ask the audience to choose a number in their mind, from 0 to 9. Later, after a few steps, have them choose another number from 0 to 9. After one additional step, ask them to tell you the answer, and you can tell them two. the numbers they choose are in exactly the same order!
Step 1. Ask them to think of a number from 0 to 9 and choose a number
(Assume the selected number is 2).
Step 2. Ask them to double the number
Step 3. Ask them to add five to the number
Step 4. Ask them to multiply the result by five
Step 5. Now ask them to remember the answer
Step 6. Ask them to choose another number from 0 to 9
Step 7. Ask them to add this number to their answer
Step 8. Ask them to tell you the answer
Step 9. Listen carefully, then in your mind, subtract the total of the answers by 25
Step 10. The first digit of the answer YOU think of after subtracting 25 (24) is the first number they choose (2) and the second digit is the second number they choose (4)
Method 2 of 2: Mind Reading Tricks with Numbers
Step 1. Understand the calculations behind this trick
It is clear whichever number is chosen at the beginning, the resulting answer remains the same (it cannot be 0). You can see why this trick works by using a little high school algebra. If you start following the instructions with the variable X instead of a number, you will notice that X is removed by adding the number example 17 (see below).
Step 2. Practice this trick with a quick magician's speech
The "starting number" can be any number you want, someone's age or favorite number, ask the audience for their opinion. This will change the final result. So, test it first
Step 3. Do the trick:
- Think of a positive integer. The number must be small. So you can count them in your head.
- Add the result to the initial number.
- Divide by the starting number.
- Add. How about adding 17?
- Subtract the initial number.
- Divide the result by 6.
- The number you are thinking of right now is 3!
Step 4. Make your own magic number trick
With this idea, you can come up with your own mental math tricks when. Make sure you don't do things that are too predictable, like ask people to add up the number 5, subtract the result from the initial number, and then say "The number you're thinking of is 5".
- Be sure to ask them to pick a number ONLY from 0 to 9.
- This is the basic calculation behind the mind trick: someone picks a number X, then multiplies by two and adds five. The result is 2X+5. Then multiply the result by 5 to get: 10X+25. The person selects the new number Y and adds it to the result, becoming: 10X+Y+25. When you secretly reduce that final result by 25, what's left is 10X+Y. In other words, the tens digit is X and the ones digit is Y.
- If the answer you get after subtracting 25 is 1, then the first number they choose is 0 and the second number they choose is one.
- If this trick fails, you may have missed some steps or done them in the wrong order. Try re-reading the instructions and remembering the steps and the sequence to get perfect results every time.