When you want to refresh yourself from the heat of summer, mangoes are usually in season. Buy mangoes at the supermarket and add milk or soy milk, ice, and a little sugar or ice cream for an easy and delicious shake.
Basic Mango Shake
Yield: 10 servings
- 30 small ripe mangoes or 20 cups mango puree
- 10 cups milk or soy milk
- 10 ice cubes
- 10 scoops vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt (optional)
- Sugar to taste (optional)
Mango and Strawberry Shake
Yield: 10 servings
- 10 cups strawberries, halved
- 5 1/2 cups chopped mango or 5 1/2 cups mango puree
- 10 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 20 tablespoons milk
Mango and Banana Shake
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 mango, peeled and chopped, or 1/2 cup mango puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar or caster sugar
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
Method 1 of 3: Basic Mango Shake
Step 1. Peel the mango and cut it into 2.5 cm chunks with a paring knifePut the mango pieces in the blender. If using mango puree, pour the puree directly into the blender. Then, blend the mangoes until smooth.
Step 2. Add milk or soy milk
Turn on the blender and add ice cubes, ice cream or frozen yogurt little by little until you reach the desired consistency.
Step 3. Taste the mango shake for sweetness
Add sugar if necessary, 1 tablespoon for each addition, then blend again to spread the sugar.
Step 4. Pour the finished mango shake into a serving glass
Step 5. Serve the mango shake
If you like, garnish the mango shake with fresh mango slices.
Method 2 of 3: Mango and Strawberry Shake
Step 1. Put the strawberries and mango in a blender
Step 2. Add ice cream
Step 3. Blend all ingredients until smooth
Add 1 tablespoon of milk for each addition and then blend again each time you add milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
Step 4. Pour the mango and strawberry shake into a glass and serve
Method 3 of 3: Mango and Banana Shake
Step 1. Put the chopped banana and mango or mango puree in a blender
Step 2. Add milk, orange juice, lime juice, sugar, and ice cream or yogurt
Step 3. Blend all ingredients until foamy and well blended
Step 4. Pour the shake into the glass
Serve with lime wedges or garnish with paper umbrellas.
- Instead of using ice cream, just adding ice cubes is actually enough.
- Mix other fruits with mango to vary the recipe. Try pomegranate or guava for new flavors.
- For a slightly spiced taste, add cardamom to the shake. Just add 1/4 teaspoon because all you need is a little.