Astral projection can be experienced when one goes on an out of body experience (OBE) after the subtle body leaves the gross body and enters the astral dimension. Some people have experienced this when sick or in torpor, but astral projection can be done by making an intention. This article explains how to do astral projection step by step.
Part 1 of 3: Preparing Yourself
Step 1. Perform early morning astral projection
Instead of practicing astral projection when you want to sleep at night, do this activity early in the morning while you are still sleepy. Some people say they feel more relaxed and focus more easily if they practice before dawn. However, you are free to travel astrally at any time as you wish because there are no regulations governing this.
Step 2. Prepare a conducive practice area
Astral travel can be experienced if you are in a state of deep relaxation. So make sure you practice in a quiet, comfortable, and distraction-free place. Prepare yourself by lying on the bed or sofa while calming your mind and relaxing yourself.
- Astral projection is easier when you are alone, rather than when other people are in the room. If you usually sleep at night with a partner or friend, don't do astral projection in the bedroom. Take the time to practice when you are alone at home so that nothing distracts you while you are on astral travel.
- Pull up the window blinds and make sure there are no distracting noises in the practice area. You may not reach the required relaxation intensity if you are interrupted.
Step 3. Lie on your back and relax
Prepare yourself by lying on your back in the room that has been determined. Close your eyes and free yourself from the thoughts that are bothering you. Focus on your body and the physical sensations you are feeling. This step helps you relax your body and mind thoroughly.
- Contract the muscles and then relax them again. Do this method starting from the toes, soles of the feet, calves, and so on until the head. Make sure all muscle groups are completely relaxed when you are done relaxing.
- Take a deep breath and then exhale slowly and gently. Don't tighten your chest and shoulders.
- Focus your mind on the breath. Don't get distracted by thinking about everyday matters and wanting to experience astral travel. Let your body and mind experience deep relaxation.
- You can use a quartz crystal to increase the vibration for a shorter preparation time. Hold the crystal between the eyebrows slightly above the third eye chakra, close your eyes, then breathe deeply. While feeling the vibrations and calming the mind, visualize you seeing yellow, white, purple, or another color. You can hold the crystal or place it on your chest or stomach while you meditate and experience astral travel. Crystals make you more prepared and protected because the vibrations are high. Low vibration negative energy.
Part 2 of 3: Transferring Consciousness from the Gross Body
Step 1. Do hypnosis on yourself
This hypnotic state is known as "hypnogogic". Astral projection can occur when consciousness is between wakefulness and sleep or a hypnotic state. Apply the following instructions so that you can achieve these conditions.
While closing your eyes, visualize a specific body part, such as the palm of your hand, the sole of your foot, or one of your toes.
Focus your mind on a specific body part until you can imagine it as best you can even with your eyes closed. Maintain focus until other thoughts disappear.
Imagine that you move a certain part of your body, but don't make any physical movements. Imagine that your toes are bent and then straight again or your palms are clenched and then opened again until that part of the body seems to be doing physical movement.
- Extend the focus to the rest of the body. Move your legs, arms, and head as far as visualization. Maintain focus until you are able to move your whole body using only your mind.
Step 2. Enter the phase of feeling the vibrations
Some people say that they are able to feel the vibrations that appear in the form of waves of different frequencies when the astral body is about to leave the gross body. Don't be afraid if you experience vibrations because fear can stop the meditative phase. Instead, relax the body while feeling the vibrations as the astral body leaves the gross body.
Step 3. Use your mind to do astral projection
Imagine the condition of the room where you lie down. Visualize you moving your body to stand up from a lying position and then look at your surroundings. Leave the bed and walk to the door. Turn back to see your body lying on the bed.
- Astral projection is said to be successful if you can see the body lying down from the bedroom door and you experience separation from the gross body.
- Some people need a lot of practice to reach this phase, but for others, the experience is as natural as breathing. However, anyone can experience astral projection if they wish and practice diligently! If you can't leave the gross body yet, practice raising your arms or legs. Continue practicing until you can walk towards the bedroom door.
Step 4. Enter again into the gross body that is lying down
The astral body is always connected to the gross body by an invisible energy commonly called "silver thread". Let this energy guide the astral body into the gross body. Move your fingers and toes with physical movements, not just thoughts until you are fully conscious again.
Part 3 of 3: Exploring the Astral Dimension
Step 1. Confirm that you have successfully performed astral projection
If you can already feel the separation between the astral body and the gross body in the practice room, confirm that you are on astral travel in 2 different dimensions.
- When practicing again, don't turn around to look at your lying body. Leave the bedroom and enter another room without looking back.
Observe objects in other rooms, but choose objects that you have never seen in your daily life. Keep in mind the color, shape and size, as well as other aspects in detail.
- Walk into the bedroom to unite yourself with the gross body then return to the room you just came into with the astral body and approach the object that was observed. Are there any similarities between the detailed aspects that you remember when mentally observing the object?
Step 2. Do more intense exploration
When you do your next astral projection, go where you don't come often enough. Each time you practice, jot down details that you've never seen before. After practicing, go to the place to confirm what you have just seen with the astral body. After doing some astral projection, you are ready to travel to a location you've never been to with the belief that you are capable of astral projection.
Step 3. Enter again into the gross body that is lying down
There is a misconception that astral projection is dangerous, especially when one is not ready to explore new locations. They feel afraid because they don't understand the right way or don't use protection. You'll be fine if you ask for protection. Before performing astral projection, imagine that you are enveloped in a white, sparkling light like a cloud that envelops you and flows into your body. This step protects you from various forms of negative thoughts or energies.
- There's a lot to understand, but you won't be in any danger unless you think it's going to happen. Some say that the exciting experience of having an OBE is enjoying a long journey without a physical body so that the silver thread becomes weak. However, the silver thread could not weaken because it was formed from pure energy. Energy can move from one place to another, but it cannot be changed or removed. So, don't worry if you want to do astral travel. This experience is natural, empowering, and restorative.
- Silver threads cannot be broken, but the union of the astral body and gross body is slower if you use energy excessively while on astral travel. In essence, the two are so closely intertwined that the astral body will return to itself at the right moment.
- There is an opinion that says that the gross body can be possessed by demons when left behind. If you are afraid of experiencing this, protect your body and bless the room by praying before doing astral projection. However, this is just a myth. You are safe if you have asked for protection.
- You can interact with other people while on astral travel. Bring a friend who wants to practice astral projection so that you can travel together, for example while chatting or eating together, but don't forget to get back into the gross body.
- You can heal others by doing astral travel. This step is one of the most powerful remote healing methods. Imagine a sick person lying in bed. Even if he is sitting or standing, it doesn't matter because time and distance have no effect in the astral dimension. Before or during astral projection, pray for protection, healing energy, and guidance. Imagine a very bright white light wrapping around your hand. When you are ready, place one hand on the sick person's forehead and the other on his stomach and let the light shine on him. Make sure you really sincerely want to help and love him. Some people in therapy will tell you that they are experiencing amazing things even if you don't tell them why! Enjoy astral travel!
- Make sure you don't experience mental or physical exhaustion while doing astral projection as you will have trouble concentrating. The chances of success are greater if you practice early in the morning when you're still sleepy than when you're tired from activities before going to bed at night.
- When doing astral projection, imagine a white or light yellow light enveloping you to protect yourself from evil creatures that will suck up your energy if left unchecked. In addition, do protection by increasing the vibration.
- You can interact indefinitely when you enter the astral dimension.
- When you have OBE, nothing can hurt you mentally or physically.
- If you're having trouble hypnotizing yourself, imagine that you're going up a flight of stairs and feel more relaxed with each step up.
- When separating from the gross body, imagine that your body is entirely white and then the colorful astral body slowly leaves the gross body.
- You can walk wherever you want, but don't go too far the first time you practice. If you are new to the astral dimension, visit a nearby place while walking/drifting.
- You are free to use astral projection as you wish, for example developing a spiritual life in a short time because it is worth fighting for. Astral projection is easy to learn and can help you make your wishes come true.
- If you are having trouble entering the gross body, imagine that you are sliding at lightning speed towards the body that is lying down. You can return from anywhere in an instant because the astral body is not limited by distance and time.
- Astral projection should not be done by followers of certain religions, such as Catholicism. So, find out the rules that apply to your belief or religion before practicing astral projection.
- Faith plays a huge role when practicing astral projection. If you believe that you are going to get lost, you can get lost. Do not perform astral projection if you feel your gross body is in danger. You'll feel stuck if you're worried about not coming back because you believe your silver thread is weak. Feelings and thoughts immediately manifest in the astral dimension. So whatever you think/fear can happen. Make sure your thoughts are always positive. Don't do astral projection after watching a horror movie.