Realistic dreaming is the state of dreaming while witnessing or controlling a dream. Although many experts believe that the ability to dream lucidly is formed by long-standing habits, you can experience lucid dreams in a relatively short time by doing the following ways.
Part 1 of 3: Preparing to Dream Consciously
Step 1. Start recording the dream
Write down detailed descriptions of recurring dreams you've had, or any dreams you remember.
- On the day you wish to have a lucid dream, write down as many dreams as you wish to experience.
- Keep your notebook and pen right next to your bed so they're ready to take notes when you wake up at night.
- You will begin to be able to dream lucidly if you have been in the habit of recording your dreams for a few months.
Step 2. Set aside more than 8 hours of sleep
There are people who set aside 10 hours of sleep on the weekends to practice this skill.
Step 3. Take the time to re-examine the situations that you experience throughout the day around you for 5 minutes
Observe consciously the patterns on the walls, the time indicated by the clock, the sky, and other details as much as possible. This activity is called “Reality checking.”
- You must have the ability to be a good observer as you go about your life, both awake and asleep.
- Paul Tholey developed a theory that people who wish to dream consciously should ask themselves throughout the day “Am I dreaming?” Your efforts to analyze life while awake will help you to control the things that appear in your dreams.
Part 2 of 3: Using Help to Dream Consciously
Step 1. Take a 5-HTP supplement (Hydroxytryptophan
) Supplements to overcome depression naturally is taken from the seeds of trees that grow in Africa and the function is the same as the tryptophan content in turkey meat.
- Do not take this 5-HTP supplement if you are already taking other depression reliever products because it will affect serotonin levels in your brain.
- Take this supplement according to the directions on the package one hour before bedtime.
- 5-HTP will suppress the cycle of eye movement (Rapid Eye Movement / REM) which will make you sleep less soundly in longer dreaming states.
Step 2. Take galantamine pills
This product is also sometimes called “the pill for lucid dreaming.”
- Galantamine contains the essence of red lilies and daffodils.
- Read the warnings on the galantamine packaging to ensure that there are no problems due to interactions that arise from the use of drugs.
- Stephen LaBerge who conducts research on sleep is currently testing the efficacy of this drug in creating lucid dreams.
- Preliminary research results suggest that galantamine can improve memory by improving the reception of neurotransmitters by brain cells.
Step 3. Use melatonin
If you don't agree with the idea of taking these new supplements before reliable research results are available, you can take melatonin to make sleep easier.
- Dreams will become clearer with the help of melatonin.
- Melatonin is a hormone that can affect the circadian rhythms associated with wakefulness and sleep.
Part 3 of 3: Following the Instructions to Dream Consciously
Step 1. Lie down between 30 minutes to 1 hour before you want to fall asleep
Drink 5-HTP first.
Step 2. Set an alarm time 5 hours from the estimated time you start falling asleep
Place the clock as close as possible so you don't have to bother turning the sound off later.
After sleeping for 5 hours, you will be in the middle of a second REM cycle which makes it easier for you to fall asleep again and have control over your dreams
Step 3. Breathe in a few rounds for 10 seconds, inhale for 10 seconds and then exhale for 10 seconds
Try meditating for at least 5 minutes to focus your mind
Step 4. Look at your hands
Say "When I'm dreaming, I'll look at my hand and know I'm dreaming." Close your eyes and try to visualize your hand in detail.
Step 5. Close your eyes
Visualize the most vivid dreams in your notes in detail until you fall asleep.
Step 6. Get up when your alarm clock goes off 5 hours later
Just turn it off and write down your dream, if you dream.
If you are not dreaming, visualize the dream you used to have while asleep
Step 7. Take the 8 mg galantamine pill
For best results, these galantamine pills should be taken after 4 to 5 hours of falling asleep.
Step 8. Do a reality check in your dream
If you think you're really awake, pay attention to the area around you and try to see your hands.
Step 9. Get up and allow yourself to be in a rooster sleep state for 15 minutes
Try to maintain a sleepy state and think about the dream you just had.