Football fun to play, but can feel foreign to draw. A traditional soccer ball is made of two flat shapes, a pentagon and a hexagon. A pentagon, of course, is a five-sided polygon, while a hexagon has six sides. The instructions here will help you understand what a soccer ball looks like so you can draw it. Let's start!
Method 1 of 3: A Simple Soccer Ball
Step 1. Start by drawing a big circle
Step 2. Next, sketch two lines to find the center of the circle
Step 3. Now draw a hexagon in the middle
Step 4. Continue your work by adding three pentagons and they should touch the sides of the hexagon as shown in the image
Step 5. Fill the ball with another hexagon and pentagon
Try to maintain the same pattern.
Step 6. Continue filling with the shapes
Step 7. Now based on the guide lines, start drawing more real shapes
Step 8. Erase the guide lines
Step 9. Now when you start coloring, fill the hexagon with white and the pentagon with black
If you want, add some light effects.
Method 2 of 3: A Cartoon Football
Step 1. Start by making a large shape for the ball by drawing a circle
Step 2. Draw three pentagons inside
Step 3. Now add more pentagon patterns at the ends of the circle
Step 4. Now you have to connect all the corners of the shapes
Your soccer ball is ready.
Step 5. Continue your drawing by adding two ovals for the character's eyes
Step 6. Add more ovals for the eyeballs
Step 7. Add the mouth by drawing curved lines
Step 8. Draw the tongue and nose adding more curved lines
Step 9. Next, draw two oval shapes for the legs
Step 10. Draw slashes above his eyes for both hands
Step 11. Merge with curved lines
Step 12. Continue drawing by adding the palms.br>
Step 13. Draw the basic shape of the radius
Step 14. Erase the guide lines and make room for the palm
Step 15. Color the character and give it a shadow
Method 3 of 3: Traditional Soccer
Step 1. Draw a circle
Step 2. Draw a pentagon shape with an oblique axis in the center of the circle
Step 3. Draw 5 straight lines from the 5 corners of the pentagon
Step 4. Connect some lines that have been made previously
Step 5. Connect the 5 corners that are still open to complete it
Step 6. Connect the short lines to the circumference of the circle to complete the image of the soccer ball
Step 7. Finally, color the result
- Large shape image. Small ones will seem unrealistic and misplaced.
- It may take several drawings to get it right, it's mathematically impossible to draw a perfect soccer ball.
- Traditional soccer balls have black pentagons and white hexagons, but you can mix and match styles and color them according to your unique design.
- It's really stressful trying to make the perfect soccer ball. Remember to take it slow and take deep breaths.
- Sketch the lines by hand and make them look better and more realistic.
- Don't draw the first black straight away, just sketch your first try. You can color the lines once you're done.
- Avoid drawing the shapes too small; they can take up a lot of space on the ball.
- Make sure you don't smudge your image.
- If you're done and not perfect, try again!
- Don't make the pentagon too big or the soccer ball won't look good.
Items you will need
- Drawing equipment (black pen, pencil, marker, etc.)
- Eraser (for pencil)