Euchre is a fast-paced card trick game that requires teamwork and strategy. The game may be confusing at first, but it's very easy to play once you know the basics. You only need four people (split into two teams) and a deck of cards. So, gather your friends and follow the steps below to start playing.
Part 1 of 3: Preparing for the Game
Step 1. Gather four people and divide into two teams of two
Couples can be selected according to the agreed method.
Teammates must sit across from each other so that everyone sits diagonally from their partner
Step 2. Create the Euchre deck
Euchre is played with 24 cards consisting of
Step 10., J, Q, K, and A from a standard 52-card deck. Even if other cards are not used, set aside cards
Step 4. da
Step 6. black and red symbols to record scores.
Each team must use one set of cards
Step 4. da
Step 6. to record the score by turning one card over for each point earned (Euchre is played until it reaches a score of 10). For example, to show a score of five, the card
Step 6. must be open and card
Step 4. must be closed while covering one card symbol
Step 6. so only five symbols are visible.
Step 3. Determine the first player to play
Shuffle the deck and deal the cards until a player gets one of the black J cards. This player is the first dealer (card dealer).
Step 4. Divide the cards counterclockwise following these guidelines:
- The dealing of cards must last exactly two rounds.
- The dealer must deal 2-3 cards at a time to the players, including himself.
- The pattern of dealing is not set, but is usually done with a 2-3-2-3 for the first round, followed by 3-2-3-2 for the second round.
- Players can see their cards immediately after they are dealt, but cannot discuss them with anyone, including teammates.
- After each player gets five cards, the dealer must make sure the number of cards left is only four (these cards are called kitty). After that, the dealer places the remaining cards face down in the middle of the table, then flips the top card to start the game.
Part 2 of 3: Game Rules
Step 1. Understand the concept of the trump symbol
The trump symbol is the strongest symbol in the Euchre game. All trump cards beat non-trump cards. If the player starts with the trump symbol card, the strongest trump card wins the trick. The ranking order of the trump cards is different than usual.
- The order of the trump cards is as follows (we assume the spade symbol is the trump symbol): Right Bower (the jack of spades), Left Bower (the curly jack), Ace (of spades), King (of spades), Queen (of spades), 10 (shovel), and 9 (shovel). Jack cards that same color but different symbol with trump is left bower. The order of non-trump cards starts with the lowest nine, and Ace is the highest.
Step 2. Know how to score
The unit in Euchre is the “trick”. There are five tricks in the "hand" of the game of Euchre (according to the number of cards held). The first team to reach 10 points wins the game.
- If one team chooses the trump symbol and then wins at least three tricks, that team gets 1 point. If they get all five tricks (clean sweep), the team gets 2 points.
- If the team that chose the trump symbol does not get at least three tricks, the opposing team gets 2 points. The team has successfully echure the opposing team.
- If you choose to play alone (when truly get a good hand) and get all five tricks, your team gets 4 points.
Step 3. Consider partner cards
Don't play good cards when your opponent has used the cards that will win the trick. Your team will probably get the trick without your help. Start by playing a good card so that the partner doesn't waste his final card. However, if you have a lot of good cards, try "playing alone".
If one player feels he has a good hand and believes he can get all five tricks, he can "play alone" (this usually happens when the player has both trump jacks, as well as aces and the trump card in his hand so there is a high chance of winning the trick). That is, his partner succumbs to one trick. After the first card is turned over and the player declares to pass or take the card, announce that you will "play alone" all three of your turns. Continue playing as usual, but if the player playing alone wins all five tricks, that means that player wins 4 points. If the player only wins 4-1 or 3-2, only 1 point will be earned
Part 3 of 3: Playing Euchre
Step 1. Distribute the card
As discussed earlier, sit down in a formation and determine which player is the dealer. Take the Euchre deck and have the dealer deal 5 cards to each player, then draw up a kitty.
Step 2. Turn the card on top of the kitty so that all players can see
Starting with the player to the left of the dealer (and turning clockwise) ask the player if he or she wants to declare a trump against the card symbol just turned over. Ask each player until a player announces the trump symbol, (or a new cycle begins).
- Players who want to announce this trump symbol must say "take".
- Players who do not wish to announce this trump symbol must say “pass” or knock on the table.
Step 3. Have the dealer draw a card
If a player announces the trump symbol, the dealer will put the card in his hand and discard the weakest card in his hand (usually a low card with a different color symbol). If the cycle is completed without anyone saying “take”, the card is then closed and the next cycle begins. During this rotation, players can announce a trump from any card symbol other than the face-down card. If the cycle is completed without anyone announcing the trump symbol, it means that a misdeal has occurred, i.e. the offer has been canceled and the game is passed to the player next to the dealer, in a clockwise direction.
Usually, players say “take” if they have a good hand. Otherwise, say "bye"
Step 4. Ask the player to the left of the dealer to play cards from his hand
Here, the Euchre rule called the following suit applies. That is, if possible, the other players should play a card with the same symbol as the card the dealer is playing. If the player does not have a card with that symbol, he can trump this trick, or play a card with a different symbol. The highest card of the symbol played wins the trick, unless the player plays a trump card. The highest trump card wins the trick.
- If you put a card with a different symbol, even though it's in your hand there is matching card, this is called " renege." If another player complains about it, he gets 2 points. However, if you play alone, the penalty is 4 points (to the lying side).
Step 5. Strategize
Because Euchre's games are short, it's a bit easier to remember the cards. Estimate the cards your opponent is likely to have to determine which cards are played and which are discarded. For example, don't forget when the dealer takes his original trump card back into the hand.
- If you are the dealer and have two or more trump cards, play those cards. Always start with a high trump card if partner mentions it; this will help them find the remaining cards. Otherwise, play cards in succession. For example if the diamond symbol is trump, start with the Ace of Spades or Curly to try to win the game.
- Don't hold back the good cards. Euchre's game is fast-paced. If you delay, the opportunity to use the card will pass. Embrace all opportunities that arise.
Step 6. Know when it's “in the barn” (in the barn)
After one team gets 9 points, it means they are "in the new". Team members must announce it out loud as this indicates the player is close to winning the game.
If you want to have fun, ask your partner to cross their fingers, and turn their palms so that the thumbs are pointing downwards. After that, you pull the thumb down
Step 7. Calculate the final score
Euchre's five tricks can be fast so it's best to keep track of your scores as you play. Use cards 6 and 4 to calculate the score.
After one team manages to get 10 points, you will most likely play again. Swap partners to create different team combinations
There are variations of the game that use the Joker. If so, the Joker is the strongest card and beats all other cards
- When playing with Michigan (USA) people, you should always use 5 cards to score and NEVER use the term “being in the barn” when you reach 9 points.
- When playing with money, the value is usually announced as Rp75,000-Rp15,000-Rp15,000 or Rp150,000-Rp30,000-Rp30,000 and upwards. The first number is the bet per person on the outcome of the game. The second number is for creditors and the winning team will get IDR 15,000 from each player. The third number is for euchre and the team will win IDR 15,000 from each opponent.