You have to try if you want to get lucky. This message may feel contradictory. But in reality, good fortune is everywhere waiting for you to find it. Learn to recognize lucky opportunities and do the following ways to invite luck into your life.
Part 1 of 3: Recognizing Opportunities
Step 1. Accept things that go unplanned
Spontaneity can sometimes lead to confusion, but it's hard to avoid in everyday life. If you want to be lucky, you have to learn to accept the unexpected and be prepared for any eventuality that may come your way. Example:
Maybe you are surprised when you have to work late and have to cancel plans to hang out with friends at night. Sometimes, overtime just means working after office hours for nothing. However, try to take this opportunity to show your boss that you are a hard worker who is ready to work overtime without complaining. By making a good impression, you are unintentionally influencing your boss so that he or she provides better career opportunities. As a result, you can get a raise and get higher job satisfaction
Step 2. Start a conversation with the people you meet
Try chatting with people you don't know and new acquaintances who seem friendly. Maybe unexpectedly, a relationship that turns out to be more useful than you ever imagined.
- Don't tell everyone about your whole life, but if the opportunity arises, start talking to people you don't know well.
- Ask about their lives, desires, and difficulties. Usually, they will be nice and ask back about your life.
Step 3. Maintain good relations
In addition to meeting new people, maintain good relations with the friends you already know. Learn to trust others and rely on them at the right time. This relationship can also be useful in unexpected ways.
- Maintain good relations in personal and professional life.
- After all, the people around you are partly responsible for your luck, but at most half, nothing more. You will lose the lucky opportunities they bring if you stay away from or neglect relationships with other people.
Step 4. Stay open
While it's a good thing to pursue goals, try to reconsider every now and then what you want to achieve. Ask yourself if this goal is really worth it. If you get a sign pointing a different direction, try following it.
Don't stick to a particular plan just because you've invested a lot of money and time. Maybe you've always wanted to be a doctor, but when you started to prepare for medical school, it turned out that you were reluctant to do this job. Another example, the last ten years you worked as a salesperson, but lately, it turns out that you prefer to work in the personnel field. Try to reconsider your plans so far if they are not in line with your identity and life goals
Step 5. Look on the bright side
Bad things happen all the time and often even very bad. However, try to see the positive side of every bad experience by looking for the good side of all problems. What you might think of as “misfortune” may turn out to be “luck” if you look at it in a different way. Example:
If your recent blind date was a disappointment, try to find a silver lining. At least your date is not a bad person who is dangerous or threatens your safety. This experience is past and you will be learning valuable lessons in the coming weeks, even if they are not yet visible. Plus, you'll have less choice after meeting the wrong person, making it easier to find the right date
Part 2 of 3: Inviting Luck into Your Life
Step 1. Recognize your strengths
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Try to identify your own strengths and weaknesses. Use your strengths to the best of your ability and try to avoid problems that force you to rely on your weaknesses.
- Develop skills and overcome your weaknesses during this time. Ignoring the talents you have means eliminating good opportunities that could lead you to good fortune.
- Focusing on strengths means narrowing the scope of vision which is also a virtue. This way, you can focus more of your time and energy on the things you are capable of doing. By doing more work or carrying out plans, the chances of meeting the "lucky chance" that you hope for are greater.
Step 2. Leave your comfort zone
Start adventuring and take risks, but consider carefully beforehand. Do activities that worry you, but plan and prepare ahead of time to increase your chances of success.
- Try doing new activities or visiting places you've never been. While this experience can be good or bad, you won't know if you haven't tried.
- Be prepared to face failure before following your heart. While this message may seem counterintuitive to the concept of risk taking, it is what distinguishes reckless and calculated risk taking. Failure can have negative consequences (loss of investment, end of relationship), but you can definitely survive (not lose your house, die, or have to move abroad).
Step 3. Give more
Do good for others. Whether you believe in the law of karma or not, the kindness you show others will come back to you in many forms. If other people think you're nice, they'll be nice to you too.
- Help others overcome problems, pursue goals, and find luck in life. While helping someone solve their problems, you may see lucky opportunities for yourself that are invisible to your eyes.
- Don't like to count profit and loss. Maybe you will do more good for someone than he did for you, or vice versa. Someone who likes to calculate profit and loss will be easily recognized and this attitude makes others stay away from him.
Step 4. Get in the habit of communicating well
Improve your communication skills so you can speak and write more fluently. Practice as often as possible if you are not currently able to communicate well. This way, you can avoid misunderstandings and influence others to see things from the same point of view.
Learn a foreign language, especially if you want to get lucky in your career. Company owners usually value bilingual employees more. Chances of luck will be greater if you are also able to speak and/or write in a foreign language
Step 5. Imitate your mentor
If you don't have a mentor yet, try to find one. Pay attention to the way your mentor behaves and apply it to your own life as well. Don't duplicate, but it's good to imitate good habits.
Don't look for new ways. Ways that have brought good luck will usually bring luck again. Although there is never certainty in this life, it is strange if you still have doubts about this method
Step 6. Wish luck to come to you
Don't think of luck as something remote or difficult to achieve. Instead, tell yourself that luck is an aspect of life that will come naturally if you allow it. Prosperity will soon come if you stop resisting it.
Fortune may already be right in front of you, but if you always believe it to be something far away, you can never find it
Step 7. Take action
Stop waiting for luck to come. If you want to invite luck into your life, go and try to find it.
- Don't like stalling. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today. If you can do it now, do it right away. You never know the opportunities that will pass when you are lazy.
- Nothing will happen as long as you stay still. It is impossible to solve the problem if you always dodge. It is impossible to achieve a goal if you never pursue it.
Part 3 of 3: Keeping Away from Misfortune
Step 1. Get rid of the habit of thinking negatively about yourself
Maybe you've realized that the mind is the greatest enemy. Opportunities will run away if you tell yourself that you can't do or be something. Stop putting yourself down. Begin to realize that you are more capable than you think.
- Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Even if one aspect of your life is messed up, it doesn't mean you are a despicable person.
- Get in the habit of criticizing yourself constructively. Try to recognize mistakes by finding the cause, rather than by emotion. Find a way to fix it, instead of just giving up.
Step 2. Work on overcoming your fear of failure
Mistakes are a part of life, but not a cause of misfortune. Mistakes can lead you to happiness and life satisfaction. It is impossible to find the path you want without making mistakes.
Take the opportunity to learn when you make mistakes or face failure. Ask yourself what you could have done differently and ask for objective, constructive criticism
Step 3. Avoid stagnation
Even if you feel capable, there are always opportunities for improvement. Continue to develop yourself, instead of being content with your current skills and circumstances. Try to take advantage of your strengths and overcome your weaknesses.
- Continue your education and become an expert in the field you are passionate about. This method makes it easier for you to find lucky opportunities in this field.
- Self-development will also improve self-confidence. Changes in mindset that make you more confident will develop the ability to think positively about your situation. This can help you find luck that hasn't been seen yet.
Step 4. Don't believe in divination
It's okay to occasionally rely on lucky charms. This method is really useful as long as it makes you think about luck. However, the habit of relying on amulets or divination such as using crutches turns out to be very detrimental. If you rely on external sources for luck, this means that you stop seeking luck from yourself and make it harder to get.