Want to look more charming and special in front of your friends? If so, then you need to make every effort to keep your skin healthy, shape your body, and look for clothes and makeup that best suit your body shape and skin tone. Although the process is not as easy as turning the palm of the hand, believe me, after that everyone will not be able to take their eyes off you and you know that your efforts are not in vain!
Step 1. Get used to always maintain your cleanliness
If necessary, try to create a specific schedule to make sure you do it consistently; believe me, getting used to taking care of yourself can help you see yourself as a person who needs to be prioritized. Some basic activities you need to do:
- Wash your face twice a day. Even if you feel tired at night, at least wash off your makeup and put on a moisturizer.
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Do not brush your teeth more than twice a day as this can damage the enamel (outer layer) of your teeth. If you have time, you can also clean between your teeth with floss every night.
- Take a shower at least once a day. Bathing every day doesn't necessarily make you wash your hair every day, right! Mainly because shampooing every day is actually not good for your hair health (read on this article for more information).
- Take care of your nails. Ideally, your fingernails and toenails should be trimmed once a week; if you want, you can even try a manicure or pedicure.
- Remove unwanted body hair on a regular basis. Pull out your eyebrows, shave your armpits and legs, and remove other hairs that make you look unsightly. If possible, make a regular schedule so you can do it consistently.
- Make sure you wear clean and fragrant clothes. Believe me, you will look much fresher and more attractive afterwards!
Step 2. Keep your hair healthy
Trim the ends of your hair at least every 6-8 weeks and correct your hair color (if you have colored hair) regularly. Follow some of the tips below to maximize your appearance:
- Choose a hairstyle that suits your face shape. A haircut will highlight certain parts of a person's face; therefore, make sure you choose the appropriate hairstyle so that the contours of your face look more attractive. For example, choose a ponytail if you have a firm, wide jaw or a bobbed hair if you want your face to look longer. You can also try braiding your hair on the sides of your head, opting for random bangs, or curling it in a headband (avoid using a vise!).
- Don't wash your hair every day. If your hair doesn't really get limp, try washing your hair at least every other day. Between the two days, use a boar-bristle brush to coat each strand of your hair with the oil that builds up on your scalp. This process is effective in making your hair look shiny and natural.
- Do not be too often styling your hair with tools that contain heat. At the very least, let your hair take a break from the blow dryer, straightener, or curling iron one or two days a week. Remember, the heat from these tools can damage the health of your hair and make it look dry and rough.
Step 3. Make your face look fantastic
Believe me, clean and well-groomed facial skin is effective in making you look charming even if the hair and clothes you wear are not too special. Follow some of the tips below to make it happen:
- Shine your face. In addition to washing your face regularly and using moisturizer (at least twice a day), prevent acne by not constantly touching your face and sleeping on a clean pillowcase. Treat acne with medications that contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide; If you want your pimples to go away overnight, you can also crush some plain white aspirin tablets, mix them with a few drops of water, apply them to the pimple, and then leave them overnight.
- Trim your eyebrows. Start by plucking some of your messy-looking eyebrow hairs, observe the results, then continue the process if the results are satisfactory. To make it less painful, don't pluck your eyebrows for a week before your scheduled period. You can also place an ice cube for a few minutes on the brow area before starting to pluck it out.
- Wear makeup that matches your face. Read the tutorial on How to Apply Makeup or consult a cosmetic store salesperson. Most of the sales clerks are willing to teach makeup techniques for free; So, what's the harm in asking?
- Follow the eye-or-lip rule. If you want to wear makeup, just highlight your eyes or lips, not both. For example, if you want to wear blood red lipstick, don't use too thick eyeliner or eyeshadow and just put on a layer of mascara. If you want to highlight your eyes, just wear a nude lipstick or one that matches your lips. You can also wear rouge as long as it's not too much!
- Be yourself. Don't try to be someone else! People around you should like you for who you are, not just because you look good on the outside. Make sure you always keep your body clean, okay!
Step 4. Wear clothes that look good on you
What suits someone else doesn't necessarily suit you, and vice versa. The good news is that finding clothes that suit you is actually a lot easier than you think! Try following the tips below:
Decide whether you should wear cool or warm colors. Trust me, wearing the right color can make your skin look shinier in no time! On the other hand, the wrong color can make you look more dull and lethargic. The best way to find the right color is to look at your pulse color under bright lighting. Do your veins look bluish or greenish? If it's greenish, try wearing warm colors; otherwise if your veins look bluish, try wearing cool colors.
- Warm colors include bright yellows, reddish yellows, turquoises, browns, golds, creams, and any color with a touch of yellow or orange.
- Cool colors are generally "jewelry colors" such as dark purple, dark blue, dark green, black, white, and pastel colors with a touch of blue gradation.
- Look at the clothes in your closet. Most likely, you are indirectly 'attracted' to the colors that really suit you; there's nothing wrong with sticking to those colors!
- Make sure the clothes you wear look right on your body. Avoid clothes that are too loose or too tight. If your clothes are too loose, take them to the nearest tailor to have them reduced; do not worry, generally the costs that need to be incurred are not too expensive.
Step 5. Exercise
Exercising regularly will not only improve your physical health, but it will also increase your self-confidence and your production of endorphins. Three to four times a week, try to set aside at least 30 minutes for exercise; You can also try various athletic sports, you know! Want to know what types of sports are worth trying? Try reading the articles below:
- How to Start Running
- How to Strengthen Your Back with Pilates
- How to Practice Yoga
- How to Swim
- How to Play Tennis
- How to Play Hockey
Step 6. Get enough sleep
Lack of sleep can make your eyes look red and puffy; In addition, your body will look sluggish and unsightly. Research also shows that lack of sleep can actually make a person overeat and weaken their immune system. If you have insomnia, try reading How to Sleep Even If You're Not Sleepy.
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking water regularly. Remember, water is very important to keep your body from getting tired easily. In addition, your skin will feel more supple and look more radiant; as a result, your face will look younger than your peers and not easily wrinkled.
- Smile. Remember, a smile is the best makeup a woman can wear.
- Comb your hair at least twice a day.
- Comb your hair with a wide-toothed, non-padded comb. Let your hair dry naturally and keep it away from the heat of a straightener or hairdryer.
- Use a special scrub to remove dead skin cells on your face, body and lips at least three times a week. Be careful, don't exfoliate sensitive areas like your face and lips too often so you don't damage your skin.
- Don't brush your teeth too long; 2 minutes is the ideal time.
- Don't squeeze your pimple; Just like the hair on your body, the more you try to remove it, the more fertile it will grow.
- Don't brush your hair when it's still wet! One of the biggest causes of hair loss is that both men and women often make this mistake.