Many people want to lose a little weight because they are attending a special event, such as a school reunion, birthday celebration, or wedding. Health experts do not recommend drastic weight loss in a short time. However, you can lose weight to feel more confident or look more attractive in clothes that fit your body size. Losing 2½ kg of weight in 5 days is not easy, but by changing your diet and exercising, you will look slimmer and more agile. Keep in mind that the program described in this article can be run for a maximum of 5 days because it will be bad for your health if extended.
Part 1 of 2: Changing Your Diet
Step 1. Reduce calorie intake
If you want to lose weight, don't eat high-calorie foods and drinks.
- In general, you lose -1 kg/week if you reduce your calorie intake by 500 calories/day. However, you will need to cut down on more calories if you want to lose 2½ kg in 5 days.
- Many health experts recommend that you consume a minimum of 1,200 calories/day. Otherwise, you will be deprived of the daily nutritional intake needed to maintain good health.
- However, you won't experience any adverse side effects if you stick to a low-calorie diet for only a few days.
- When following a low-calorie diet (800-1,000 calories/day), you may experience side effects, such as feeling tired, tired, headaches, difficulty concentrating, and lack of energy. Consult a doctor before dieting. Don't go on a low-calorie diet without consulting a health professional.
Step 2. Reduce carbohydrate intake
Research shows that the fastest way to lose weight by dieting is to reduce carbohydrate intake. This step is useful in eliminating body fat and fluids so that you lose weight. This diet program should not be run in the long term, but it is still safe if done for 5 days.
- A low-carbohydrate diet is done by limiting the consumption of foods that contain carbohydrates, such as grains, tubers, dairy products, and fruits.
- Dieting without consuming carbohydrates is not a healthy and smart eating pattern. If you don't eat carbohydrates, you only eat 4 out of 5 food groups, so you lack the essential nutrients needed for the body to function properly.
- Reduce consumption of foods that are high in carbohydrates and do not contain essential nutrients, such as whole grains and tubers. Nutrients from these foods can be obtained from other food groups.
- If you want to eat carbohydrates, limit 1-2 servings a day to a maximum of 30 grams or cup of whole grains, cup of fruit, or 1 cup of tubers.
Step 3. Eat vegetables and lean foods
In addition to limiting carbohydrate consumption, you will lose weight quickly if most of your meals consist of lean foods and vegetables. So, choose foods that contain lean protein, green vegetables, and don't eat tubers.
- Consume 1-2 servings or 90-120 grams of lean protein at each meal about the size of a card box.
- Lean protein can be obtained by eating eggs, poultry, lean beef or pork, nuts, and seafood. Products from low-fat milk and legumes are also lean protein intake, but their consumption should be limited because they contain carbohydrates.
- Eat green vegetables plate or 1-2 servings each meal. A serving of green vegetables is approximately 1-2 cups.
- Foods that meet the fat and vegetable-free criteria include grilled salmon with spinach salad, stir-fried vegetables, and grilled chicken or spaghetti with zucchini and meatballs.
Step 4. Drink water as needed
Always keep yourself hydrated, especially if you want to lose weight fast. There is a myth that says that the right way to lose weight is to reduce fluid intake so that the body becomes dehydrated. In fact, you lose weight if you limit your intake of salty foods and detox by drinking plenty of water on a regular basis.
- Adequate fluids play an important role in maintaining health by maintaining body temperature, protecting body organs, and lubricating joints.
- Many health experts recommend that you drink 8-13 glasses of water every day or other fluids that are useful for hydrating the body. Body fluid needs must be adjusted to age, gender, and the intensity of daily activities.
- In addition to keeping the body hydrated, fluid consumption is also beneficial for weight loss. You are advised to drink 1-2 glasses of water before eating or whenever you feel hungry so that the portion of the meal is reduced.
- Choose calorie-free drinks that are beneficial for hydrating the body, such as plain water, flavored water, coffee or tea without sugar. Don't drink juices, sports drinks, energy drinks, soda, and alcohol.
Step 5. Reduce snack consumption
In order to lose 2½ kg in 5 days, you must reduce or limit snack consumption.
- Although snacks are beneficial for health, you can't lose 2½ kg in 5 days if you eat snacks.
- If you want to eat a snack, prioritize eating lean meat and green vegetables. Choose a menu that is high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
- In addition, choose snacks that are no more than 150 calories to limit daily calorie consumption.
- As a snack, consume 1 hard-boiled egg, 90 grams of lean beef, 60 grams of cheese or 1 bar/high protein shake.
Step 6. Limit consumption of gas-producing foods
Some food menus produce gas so that the stomach bulges. Even if you don't lose weight, you will appear slimmer if you reduce your consumption of these foods.
- Certain foodstuffs produce gas after being digested. This can make you feel bloated or appear fatter, making it uncomfortable or uncomfortable to wear long pants or tight skirts.
- Gas-producing foods, such as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, legumes, lentils, garlic, and onions.
- Chewing gum or drinking carbonated drinks can also cause gas in the body or flatulence.
Part 2 of 2: Exercising
Step 1. Do 150 minutes/week of aerobics
In addition to reducing calorie intake, you can increase your daily calorie burn or use by practicing aerobics.
- The United States Department of Agriculture recommends that you do 150 minutes of aerobic exercise per week or 30 minutes per day 5 days a week.
- Get in the habit of moderate-intensity exercise that makes you sweat, breath, and feel tired once you're done exercising. Depending on your fitness level, there are a variety of activities that are included in moderate-intensity exercise, for example:
- Walk, jog, run, swim, train using an elliptical or rowing machine, dance, or do aerobics by joining a class.
- The duration of aerobic exercise can be extended to 300 minutes/week according to ability. Although there is no set maximum time limit that is considered safe for exercise, diets that are very strict or very low in calories make you reluctant to exercise or feel tired quickly when exercising. Beware if you experience this. Reduce the intensity of the exercise if the body feels sore or uncomfortable. Get medical help if the pain is very severe.
Step 2. Increase the intensity of daily activities
In addition to aerobic exercise, you need to increase the intensity of your daily activities. Take advantage of daily activities to make small changes.
- Daily activities (such as doing household chores or walking to and from your destination) don't burn many calories, but if you stay active throughout the day, your daily calorie burn will increase significantly.
- Determine various ways to make you move more and be more active, for example by parking the car far enough from your destination, using the stairs instead of the elevator, standing or exercising while waiting for advertisements while watching TV, working while standing.
Step 3. Execute a high-intensity interval training (HIIT) program
Lately, HIIT is a way of exercising that is quite in demand because it can burn a lot of calories in a short time and increase metabolism.
- Certain HIIT programs are shorter in duration than static-intensity aerobic exercise (eg jogging). This program begins with a very high intensity stomping movement followed by a moderate intensity stomping movement.
- The HIIT program should be carried out by people who have reached a certain level of fitness so that they are able to exercise at high intensity or are already exercising regularly.
- When doing HIIT, you can practice aerobics in a number of ways, such as using a treadmill to jog, sprint, and run uphill alternately.
Step 4. Rest in the sauna room
Today, many fitness centers provide a sauna or steam room for visitors. In addition to helping you relax and rest after a workout, this facility can help you lose weight fast.
- When you sweat, your body will lose fluids, so you lose weight faster and reduce bloating.
- Relax in the sauna room for 10-20 minutes. You can become dehydrated if you stay in the sauna for more than 20 minutes.
- Be careful using the sauna room. It is not recommended that you lose weight this way.
- In addition, sweating too much can cause dehydration which is dangerous for the body. Drink plenty of fluids to hydrate your body while enjoying a steam bath.
- Get in the habit of getting an adequate night's sleep every day. The body continues to burn calories and make you more energetic so that you can run an exercise program consistently.
- In the long run, daily activities, such as cycling to work, using the stairs instead of the elevator, and staying active while at home are beneficial for burning calories and losing weight.
- If you live with family or a roommate, ask if you can throw out the junk food in the cupboard or ask him to hide it so you don't get tempted.
- Consult with your doctor before embarking on an extreme diet program or high-intensity exercise. The doctor will tell you a diet or exercise program that is suitable and safe for you.
- If you want to lose more than 2½ kg, do not continue the program in this article. Read a wikiHow article that explains how to lose 1 kg in 1 week.