Who doesn't want big chest muscles? To strengthen your chest muscles and make them look broad, focus on doing chest enlargement exercises, using proper exercise techniques, and eating healthy muscle-building foods. Follow the steps below to learn how to get broad chest muscles in no time.
Method 1 of 3: Exercises to Get Big Chest Muscles
Step 1. Do push ups
This often overlooked exercise focuses on building shoulder and upper chest muscles. Lie facedown on the floor and start with your arms shoulder-width apart, with your legs stretched out behind you. Lift your body off the floor with your hands until your elbows are straight, then lower your body back down to the floor.
- Do 3 sets of 15 push-ups, or as many as you can until your body is tired. Add more reps as your strength increases.
- Push ups also work the triceps and shoulders (deltoids).
- Try this variation: elevate your legs by placing your feet on a block or step before doing this exercise. This puts pressure on the shoulders and upper chest.
Step 2. Do the bench press exercise
This is the most popular chest building exercise of all time, and for good reason. Put weights on the barbell with a weight that suits your strength level. Lie on a bench with your feet flat on the floor. Lower the barbell to your chest until it is about 2.5 cm from your chest, then lift the barbell straight over your chest.
- To build muscle mass and hypertrophy, it is best to do between 8-12 reps of 1-3 sets of exercises. This helps blood flow to carry glycogen throughout your body, so calories can be burned easily and exercise can be continued with the help of adrenaline.
- You can also do the incline bench press using an inclined backrest. This exercise is the same as the regular bench press, but focuses more on the upper pectoral muscles. On the other hand, the decline bench press focuses more on the lower pectoral muscles. Most people do not do it, but this exercise is important to get a broad chest and big.
Step 3. Do the bar dip exercise
Stand in front of wide parallel bars. Pull the bar down and slowly raise it back up. This can be a strenuous exercise that will get you in trouble at first. But it's one of the best chest exercises you can do to build a lot of chest muscles fast.
Step 4. Focus on the chest muscles separately
Lie down in a push up position and do push ups. Hold for 3 seconds, then transfer all of your weight to your right hand and leg. Extend your left arm and leg up as if you were doing a sideways jumping jack. Hold for 3 seconds. Repeat with left hand and foot. Again, hold for 3 seconds.
Method 2 of 3: Techniques to Remember If You Want to Build Muscle
Step 1. Don't overwork your muscles
Many people make the mistake of lifting weights every day, thinking that the more they train, the more muscle they will gain. This is actually detrimental to muscle growth because muscle actually enlarges on rest days between workouts, when the tissue repairs itself. To ensure that you don't overwork your muscles, follow these tips:
- Work your chest muscles no more than once or twice per week. On days when you don't work your chest, work other muscle groups, such as the legs, arms, and back.
- Don't train for more than 30 minutes in one session. You run the risk of damaging your muscles, and you may need to stop training for a while instead of working to build strength and muscle mass.
Step 2. Practice as hard as you can
When you practice, you have to do it until you run out of steam. Challenge yourself to lift the heaviest weight you can lift without risking muscle damage. To find out how much weight you have to lift, try doing reps with different weights. You should be able to do 8-10 reps without reducing the weight, but you should be sweating and panting at the end of the set.
- If you can't do more than 5 or more reps without stopping, then the weight you're lifting is too heavy. Reduce the weight of the load. As you get stronger, you can start lifting heavier weights.
- If you can do 10 reps without burning, increase the weight. You have to challenge yourself if you want to get bigger.
Step 3. Use the right form of exercise
Train under the direction of a personal trainer, instructor, or experienced member of the gym who can show you how to do the exercise properly. Usually you should start with your arms fully extended, and use your muscles, not thrust, to complete each movement.
- Using the wrong exercises can cause muscle damage, so make sure you know what you're doing.
- If you can't complete the movement with a certain weight, it may be too heavy for you. For example, if you can't straighten your arms when you bench press, reduce the weight of the weights.
Method 3 of 3: Diets That Increase Muscle Mass
Step 1. Don't eat too many calories
People often believe that to get big muscles, we have to eat a lot of calories. While you should be consuming enough calories to provide energy for your workout, not so many that your body has to work to burn fat instead of building muscle. A lean body helps the muscles you work so hard to build a more visible body appearance.
- Avoid bad carbohydrates like pasta, white bread, cakes, biscuits, and other baked goods. Choose whole grains (whole grains).
- Avoid eating too many processed or fried foods, and limit consumption of fast food and snacks.
Step 2. Eat lots of protein
Protein is the building block of muscle, and you'll need it in large quantities if you want big chests. You can get protein from many sources, not just meat. Consider these options:
- Lean meats such as chicken, fish, lean beef, and pork.
- Eggs and low-fat milk.
- Beans and beans.
- Kale, spinach, and other protein-packed vegetables.
- Tofu and soybeans
Step 3. Consider taking supplements
Many people who train to build muscle drink creatine, a powdered amino acid mixed with water and taken three or more times a day. This ingredient is considered safe for consumption according to the FDA (United States Food and Drug Administration) because it contains the same protein that our bodies naturally produce to build muscle.
You can also consider taking protein shakes which are the most beneficial supplements for building muscle and maintaining a healthy body in general
- Drink lots of water.
- Don't stop training just because you don't see results in a week. Change will come with time.
- Do not ever give up.
- Motivate yourself to reach higher, the harder you train the better results you get!
- Be sure to get a healthy amount of sleep when you're exercising or doing other physical activities. Resting your muscles so they can grow is important.
- The key is consistency! Make sure to follow the right diet without skipping meals.
- When practicing, you must remember that you must also take other vitamins. So prepare fruits, vegetables and whole grains (very few). Try to get sugar only from fruits.
- Make sure to do all the exercises with the right form of exercise. Once you do that you can add weights to your workout routine.
- Don't doubt yourself, train hard!
- Always warm up before exercising.
- Consume 0.5 to 1 gram of protein for 0.5 kg of body weight. Get your protein from meat, chicken, dairy, beans and legumes, fish (tuna has a very small amount of fat and calories, but contains a lot of protein), and eggs because they are cheap and a good source of protein.
- Concentrate on the movement. If your muscles don't feel tense (shaky), then you're not doing it right or the weight is too light. Also remember to do the exercises slowly. Slow, steady reps are more beneficial for your body than fast, shaky reps.
- Don't eat too many calories, but remember that you shouldn't eat too few calories either.
- Swim. This exercise is great for building upper body strength.
- Vegetarians don't have to be protein deficient. Soy products (usually containing all kinds of protein) can be found in grocery stores and food stores.
- Allow at least 100 hours between exercises of the same muscle, or better yet, until the pain subsides.
- Don't start training with too much weight. Always start small, otherwise one or two of your muscles could be at risk of being pulled.
- Do not overdo it because it can cause serious injury.
- While dips are great for the chest, they are too heavy for your shoulders. Be careful when doing dips to avoid shoulder injuries.
- Always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program.