Making bubbles is fun and easy to do! You can start by buying a ready-made bubble solution, or you can make your own solution from household ingredients. Select or make a bubble blower in the desired size and shape, and dip the tip in the bubble solution. If you are using a small bubble blower, hold the device close to your mouth, and blow. To make big bubbles, swing a large bubble blower through the air.
Homemade Bubble Solution
- 950 ml of warm water
- 120 grams of white sugar
- 120 ml liquid dish soap
- 60 ml vegetable glycerin (optional)
- 60 grams cornstarch (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
Part 1 of 3: Selecting or Making a Bubble Solution
Step 1. Purchase a ready-made bubble solution if you don't want to go through the hassle of making it
Most toy stores and supermarkets sell bubble solution in small plastic bottles that are ready to use. The bottle is usually equipped with a plastic blower attached to the bottle cap. You can use the blower or make your own.
Step 2. Make your own bubble solution at home
If you have white sugar, liquid dish soap, and water, make your own bubble solution! Mix 950 ml of warm water with 120 grams of white sugar. Next, add 120 ml of liquid dish soap to complete the solution.
- Store excess bubble solution in a plastic or glass container with a lid.
- Leave the solution for a few hours or overnight for stronger bubbles, or better yet a week.
Step 3. Change the color or texture of the bubbles
When the bubble solution mixture is finished, you can make it unique by adding a few ingredients to change the color and texture of the bubbles. As an example:
- Add 60 ml of vegetable glycerin or 60 grams of cornstarch so that the solution turns thick and the bubbles become stronger.
- Change the color of the solution by adding a few drops of food coloring.
- You can experiment with colors using dish soap with different colors.
Part 2 of 3: Choosing a Bubble Blower
Step 1. Purchase a bubble blower at a toy store or grocery store
If you buy a ready-made bubble solution, you usually get a small plastic bubble blower attached to the lid. These bubble blowers are usually a few centimeters in size, with a handle on one side and a hole on the other. You can also buy these bubble blowers in a variety of sizes and shapes at toy stores.
You can also get a very large bubble blower. It comes in the form of a large stick with a net that allows you to create very large bubbles
Step 2. Make your own bubble blower using a pipe cleaner for quick results
Bend one end of the pipe cleaning wire into a loop to use as a bubble blower. The bigger the circle, the bigger the resulting bubble.
In addition to circles, you can also experiment with shaping pipe cleaners into hearts, stars, or squares
Step 3. Use a slotted spoon or cookie cutter as a ready-to-use bubble blower
Holes in spoons or cookie cutters can be used to make bubbles easily. The slotted spoon has a handle so it is ready to use. If using a cookie cutter, attach the stick to the cake mold using duct tape to hold it in place.
You can also experiment with other kitchen utensils, such as plastic funnels, paper cones, or straws
Step 4. Make a bubble blower using a coat hanger wire to produce large bubbles
If you are a child, ask an adult to help cut the end of the hook on the hanger wire with pliers. Next, make a circle, heart, star, or other shape from the wire. Make a handle by attaching the stick to the wire using duct tape.
You can decorate the handles with colorful feathers or thread to make the bubble blower more beautiful
Part 3 of 3: Making Bubbles
Step 1. Bring the blower and bubble solution out into the open
Cracked bubbles can contaminate the room and make the floor slippery. So, it's best if you make the bubbles in the open, such as in the garden or yard. In addition, the bubbles will look beautiful when exposed to sunlight because they will form a rainbow.
Step 2. Pour the bubble solution into a large basin or container
Regardless of the type of bubble blower you use, it must be fully submerged with the tip in the bubble solution in order for you to create bubbles. If the bubble blower is large, you may need to place the solution in a large basin, bucket, or wide plant tray. You can use a plastic jar if the blower is small.
- If you have a kiddie pool and hulahops, pour the bubble solution into the pool and make big bubbles using the hulahops.
- If you are using a blower and a very large container, you may need to make more bubble solution.
Step 3. Dip the tip of the blower fully into the bubble solution
Make sure the entire tip of the blower is immersed in the solution. When the blower is removed, the solution sticking to the tip will appear as a thin film running through the hole.
- The solution will look like plastic wrap when stretched over the tip of the bubbleblower and ready to blow.
- If the tip of the blower is not properly coated with the solution, re-soak the blower as much as necessary as needed.
Step 4. Make small bubbles by blowing them with your mouth
Hold the tip of the small blower in front of your mouth and blow slowly. The membrane of the solution will form bubbles, then release from the blower and fly away in the wind.
If you want to get lots of tiny bubbles, blow the solution quickly. Blow out the solution slowly to make large bubbles
Step 5. Make a really big bubble by swinging the blower in the air
If you use a very large blower, you will not be able to blow it with your mouth. Instead, swing the blower in the air slowly. The solution will bubble behind the blower, release, and form a giant, wavy bubble.
- Let the wind blow through the holes so you can see what kind of bubbles are produced.
- Try walking or running with a blower with you to get bigger bubbles.
- Rotate the blower around the body so that you will be surrounded by bubbles.
- Hold the blower high above your head to allow the bubbles to float longer before they hit the ground and burst.
- If you want to enjoy bubbles without blowing them, use a bubble maker (you just need to massage the button to make bubbles).
- Make fun and imaginative bubble games. For example, have a race to determine who can make the most bubbles, who can pop the most bubbles, who can make the biggest bubbles, and who can last the longest.