When you finally find the girl you love, her happiness and joy will be your priority. You can make a girl fall in love easily, but keeping her in love is another matter. The key is to find a balance to make him feel special and be the best match for him. Relationships do have to be worked on, but the happiness you feel will be incomparable.
Part 1 of 2: Making Him Feel Special
Step 1. Appreciate him
To make him feel special, make sure you don't treat him like a normal friend. Don't change your personality, but try to be polite and maintain that polite attitude when you're with him. Appreciation is actually not with excessive treatment, but rather with small gestures. While you're with him, try some of the following:
- Open the door so that he enters or leaves first.
- Lend me your jacket if he's cold.
- Dress appropriately and make sure you keep your body clean.
- Avoiding offensive behavior in public, such as cursing or burping.
- Brings his books and backpack after school.
Step 2. Compliment him sincerely
Compliments that are specific and meaningful will be much more effective. Don't praise him all the time, because you may come across as being insincere and in need of him. Also, don't just compliment one thing, especially the face, because that will make her feel as if you only like her face. Instead, give meaningful and unique compliments several times a day. For example:
- “I want to make you laugh like that all the time. Your laugh is delightful."
- “You are so supportive, no wonder everyone likes you.”
- “Your reading is impressive. You must be very smart.”
Step 3. Show that he is always on your mind
You need to make him feel that you're still thinking about him even when you're not together. He'll feel safe and confident that you really like him. There's no need to call every 5 minutes, but make sure you call him once a day to say hello and ask how he's doing that day.
Step 4. Give a romantic surprise
Spontaneity and surprise are important to keep the relationship passionate and interesting, and of course to make him feel floating. This doesn't mean you have to spend a lot of money. As with compliments, give gifts that are unique and meaningful. Make her feel special and loved with one of these ideas:
- Give a CD of mixed love songs that make you think of him.
- Prepare lunch and blankets, then take him on a picnic in the park.
- Writes love messages to then put in his locker when he's not looking.
- Buy him something he can wear every day to remind him that you really love him.
Step 5. Have fun and make him laugh
Good relationships don't always have to be serious. Make sure to always do fun activities both in the early stages and after a long relationship. Don't forget to enjoy your company by doing activities you both enjoy or trying something new and crazy. Flirt with him every day and kiss him every time you finish a competitive game.
Step 6. Treat him tenderly
You must show affection in every action and word. Most women like to be showered with affection from their partner because it reassures him that he is loved. However, don't hug or kiss them at inappropriate times. Instead, touch him a little when alone, and follow his reaction.
- Kiss him on the cheek when you meet him or for no reason.
- Squeeze his hands occasionally to emphasize the affection when holding hands.
- Instead of holding hands, try hooking your arm around his or placing your hands behind his head.
Part 2 of 2: Be the Best Partner for Him
Step 1. Keep your promise
You need to be a reliable and trustworthy partner for him to feel safe and at ease with you. Being a firm partner is one of the best ways to show that you are committed to being with him long term and taking the relationship seriously. You can try some of the following to show that you always keep your word:
- Keep your promises to him, and also make sure you keep your promises to other people. This way, he will see you as someone he can trust.
- Responsible for schoolwork and work.
- Always on time and actually came when you said you were going to see him.
Step 2. Tell him a lot of things
Another way to show that you're a good partner is to be open about some of the things you keep to yourself. If you do love him, show him that you trust him by telling him things you would normally keep secret. This is an effective way to build trust and emotional closeness in a relationship, which in turn will make the relationship last.
Step 3. Understand her feelings
You should always try to know how he is feeling and be careful not to hurt him. Every woman's sensitive point is different, but pay attention to subjects she doesn't want to talk about or negative things she says about herself. For example, there may be a part of his face that he doesn't like or that he gets annoyed if he feels forgotten. Be careful in choosing your words and respect him.
Step 4. Don't be afraid to compromise
Differences of opinion will always exist, even in the most intimate relationships, and must be resolved maturely. Try not to view differences of opinion as a matter of “win” or “lose”, but seek a middle ground.
- If you don't want to watch the movie he chose, try deciding on a movie that you both want to see or agree that you will choose the movie next time.
- If he wants to meet your parents when you feel it's too soon, be honest and suggest meeting your brother or sister instead.
Step 5. Communicate effectively
Good communication is not always the same as chatting often. Communication between two people in a relationship is not just about chatting. Communicating means being an active listener and sharing your fears, frustrations, and hopes. When he's talking about a problem or when the two of you are looking for a resolution to a disagreement, make sure you listen to what he has to say before answering. If you're angry about something, you should talk too, but try to stay calm and appreciate it. Avoid aggressive body cues such as crossing your arms or avoiding eye contact. Always try to solve the problem, but remember that some important topics may require several conversations before they can be resolved.
Step 6. Balance time together
When you're in love, it's only natural that you want to be together. However, don't let each of you take up each other's time or make him cringe. Providing opportunities and space to be alone is very important. Show that you have a social life other than his so that he doesn't feel obligated to be the main source of your happiness, and so that he values your company more.
- Respect and appreciation is very important. If a girl isn't interested and she makes it clear, step back and leave her alone. You can't force someone to like you just because you like them.
- If the relationship doesn't work, reflect on it and learn from the experience. Trace what went wrong and apply what you've learned in future relationships.