Each school has a uniform that students must wear, but there are several ways to wear the uniform to suit your style and taste. However, some schools prefer stricter dress codes so you may only be able to play with hairstyles, accessories, and shoes or socks. However, if the dress code at your school is more lenient, maybe you can wear fun accessories, mix and match your uniform in different ways, add color, or layer clothes on top of your uniform.
Part 1 of 2: Look Cool in Girls' Uniforms
Step 1. Know the dress code at your school
Each school is unique and has its own uniform, and if you know the rules, you can add accessories, change, and customize the uniform to make you feel more comfortable. The uniform provisions outline what is and may not be worn, and cover the following topics:
- How long is a skirt, pants, or overalls
- What kind of jewelry, makeup, and accessories can you wear (if applicable)
- Colors that can be used
- Types of shoes that can be worn
Step 2. Check your uniform options
Most school uniforms have several options, including overalls, skirts, trousers, and shorts for bottoms, which are often paired with long or short sleeved shirts. However, if you are lucky, there are uniforms of blazers, vests, or sweaters that can be worn in a unique way.
These different clothing options can be worn in various combinations to suit the weather and your personal style, and there are several ways to change them up to make you look cooler
Step 3. Choose clothes that are the right size
Clothes that are too big or too tight are not good on the body so you have to choose the right size. However, if the uniform you get is the wrong size, you can:
- Putting in a shirt so it doesn't look too big
- Wearing a belt to give shape to the uniform
- Tie the bottom of the shirt for a better fit
- Shrink or enlarge clothes until they fit the body
Step 4. Wear something outside the shirt
Uniform provisions may still allow students to wear layers on the outside, and this gives you the opportunity to make the uniform more stylish. For example, you can:
- Wearing a loose-fitting or knitted sweater
- Wearing a cool cardigan or vest
- Wearing a fitted blazer or jacket
Step 5. Wear the clothes under the shirt
Choose this method if you can unbutton the top few buttons and reveal a neutral or bright colored t-shirt, tank top, or camis under the shirt.
Step 6. Roll up the sleeves
Roll up long shirt sleeves up to the elbows, and roll up short sleeves up to the base of the sleeves. You can also roll up the ends of shorts and trousers.
Do not roll the pants too high if there is a length limit that must be adhered to
Step 7. Replace one uniform piece with something similar
If the uniform rules at your school are loose enough, maybe you can replace the boring part with something similar, but more interesting.
For example, if one of your uniforms requires you to wear trousers, maybe you can replace them with regular trousers of the same color that are slightly more fitted to your body or in a different cut
Step 8. Put on a belt or scarf
Accessories like these can be especially helpful if you have to tuck a shirt into a high-waisted skirt. Even if you can't wear a fun belt, you can wear a belt with a unique buckle.
- If you're wearing a skirt with a shirt tucked in, try wearing a scarf or ribbon around the waist.
- You can also leave the shirt untucked and wear a large belt over it.
Step 9. Wear different scarves
For schools that don't allow changes to uniforms and extra clothes, at least you can use some accessories here and there.
Scarves are a great accessory to look at and keep you warm, and allow you to add some fun colors to your uniform
Step 10. Find a unique school bag
Most uniform rules don't say anything about the types of bags that can be worn so you have more room to be creative in choosing a bag. Some unique ideas for school bags are:
- Sling bag
- Ordinary bag decorated with patches, pins and badges
Step 11. Add jewelry
How much jewelry you're allowed to wear depends on the school's rules, but if allowed, the jewelry can liven up your uniform.
- Try wearing several bracelets on one hand
- You can also stack multiple rings on one finger
- An ordinary chain can make a classy look, but a colorful necklace can change a look.
- If you're not allowed to wear any jewelry, try wrapping a bandana or hair band around your wrist.
Step 12. Try on unique shoes
Shoes can add a personal touch to a uniform without breaking uniform rules. However, if your school has strict rules about shoes, try a shiny black shoe with a slight heel or embellishment. However, if you have more freedom, why not try:
- High or low Converse shoes with high socks
- Boots with cute laces
- Flat shoes or ballet shoes
- Trendy formal shoes
- Bright colored or unique running shoes
Step 13. Look for tight socks or stockings
Even if you can't wear fun shoes, you might still be able to experiment with other socks, leggings, or stockings. You can try pattern socks, knee high socks, loose socks, textured stockings, fishnet stockings, and pattern leggings.
Step 14. Try different hairstyles
There are tons of trendy hairstyles that will bring a whole new element to your uniform, and as long as you don't try weird hair colors, you can get away with lots of hairstyles.
- If you have long hair, try a side braid, or a bun at the top of your head.
- To add extra color or attractiveness to your hair, you can also use headbands, flowers, and ribbons.
- If your hair is medium length and wavy, you can leave it loose, slightly messy, or slicked back for a neat look.
Step 15. Light makeup if you want
Many schools have rules about cosmetics, but that doesn't mean you can't wear light makeup. For example, try using:
- Colored lip gloss
- Pale blush
- Foundation to even out skin tone
- A little bronzer or neutral eyeshadow on the lids
- Pale or metallic eyeshadow in the corners of the eyes
- Nail polish
Part 2 of 2: Look Cool in Boys' Uniforms
Step 1. Read the dress code at your school
For men's uniforms, there are stipulations whether you have to wear a tie, whether you have to button all the buttons or can leave one or two buttons open, what shoes you can and cannot wear, and whether you must always wear a collared shirt.
Step 2. Know your uniform choice
School uniforms usually consist of shorts or long pants combined with a shirt, but there may also be an additional blazer, vest, or sweater that can be worn over the shirt. There are different pieces of clothing that you can mix and match in different ways for different looks, and there are various options you can try to make the uniform you wear more unique.
Choose clothes that are the right size because loose-fitting clothes are usually too big and clothes that are too tight are uncomfortable
Step 3. Coat the shirt with something cooler
For a casual look, try Kurt Cobain's '90s cardigan. For a sleek look, try a vest, sweater vest, or a fitted blazer. If you want to try a casual look, try a sweater.
Step 4. Straighten the collar of the shirt
For a more stylish uniform, undo the buttons on the top of the shirt and straighten the collar. You can also straighten the collar if you wear a blazer or jacket, but choose only one. Do not straighten the collar of the shirt and also the collar of the blazer.
Step 5. Insert the shirt
That way, you can control the length of the shirt so that the uniform doesn't look too big and fits better. Insert the shirt all the way in, then pull it out so that it puffs up a little. If you want the shirt to be longer, pull it in more and fold the rest below the waist.
Step 6. Wear lower pants
Instead of wearing high pants that almost reach your waist, loosen the belt a bit so you can wear the pants around your hips.
Step 7. Roll up the sleeves
You can also roll up the sleeves of the blazer along with rolling up the sleeves of the shirt. It would be really cool when combined with a stand collar.
Step 8. Choose some cool accessories
Great accessories can make a uniform look cooler, such as a classic watch, a small suitcase instead of a backpack, a unique or elegant tie, or a hat. For hats, try a painter's hat, fedora, or round hat.
- Wear the tie outside the shirt, but under a sweater, or wear it with a cardigan.
- Try loosening the tie a little.
Step 9. Style the hair in different styles
There are many interesting hairstyles that are currently popular and can give a uniform dynamic, especially when paired with cool ties, watches, and hats. If you want to try a new hairstyle, consider:
- Short hairstyle variations
- Thin hairstyle on the side (undercut)
- Show confidence, no matter what you wear. One of the important things to remember if you want to look cool is that confidence and self-confidence are very attractive qualities, and are actually more important than any outfit. Even if your uniform can't be helped, wear a school uniform it's the most fashionable outfit in the world. You will feel more comfortable wearing it.
- A thousand braids can keep hair away from the face. In addition, it is stylish and comfortable.
- You can also unzip the jacket over a collared shirt.
- A neat jacket and messy bun with colored lip balm would be great for a girl with long hair at a school with strict uniform rules.
- If you are allowed to wear makeup, you must regularly take care of your skin.
- For men, crew cut hairstyles can also be tried.