In a song, Ada Band once said, "because women want to be understood". In fact, it is often the behavior of men that is more confusing than women's. Knowing a guy's feelings for you can sometimes be an overwhelming and energy-consuming task; especially if by nature, the man has a shy or introverted character. Are you feeling it and are willing to spend all your energy and effort to uncover the truth? Read on for this article!
Method 1 of 3: Observing His Behavior
Step 1. Observe his behavior
If the two of you chat more online, observe the difference between how they talk online and in the real world. If he likes you, he's more likely to be more active online and quieter in front of you.
Step 2. Observe who starts the conversation
If the two of you often chat online, observe who starts the conversation more often. If he did, chances are he really likes you.
Step 3. Observe the emoticons it sends
Emoticons are no stranger to millennials; nowadays, almost all emotions are expressed with emoticons in cyberspace. Luckily, you can use this trend to analyze how other people feel about you. If he likes you, he's likely to be sending you smiley or laughing emoticons a lot. Of course you can reply with the same emoticon; your actions may encourage him to be more daring to ask you out.
Step 4. Expect physical contact
If he likes you, chances are he'll give you some casual, casual touches. Watch out, a bad-meaning guy might touch you in a rude way! If he does it right (and politely!), give him a smile and continue your conversation.
Step 5. Observe if he is trying to show off or exaggerating something
Some guys do it a lot, even if they're actually very shy. Be aware when he is trying to grab your attention by telling you about “the story of saving a dog that drowned in the Malacca Strait” or about “his father who was an extra actor in the soap opera Cinta Fitri”.
- They will usually tell small things first like, “Yeah, I really like playing electric guitar” or “Did you see my goal yesterday?”.
- If you like it too, respond to the stories but try to change the subject as soon as possible.
Step 6. Observe if he talks about you a lot
For this method, you may only be able to hear it from your friends. Don't worry, if he really likes you, he's more likely to ask or talk about you to your closest friends.
Method 2 of 3: Observing His Body Language
Step 1. Observe her body language
His attitude and behavior are key indicators of whether or not he's nervous around you. Compare his attitude when he is around his friends with when he is around you. Does he tend to be more spoiled, considerate, or calm around you?
Step 2. Observe the restlessness
Make no mistake, there are still many men who are inexperienced in approaching women. The excessive nervousness and restlessness will be seen in his body language, such as when he is wringing his hands or moving his hands excessively while communicating. Observe the movement of his hand when he is near you.
Step 3. Observe his attempts to get closer to you
If he likes you, chances are he will always try to be around you. See if he chooses to stand by you when you're both out in a crowd. If both of you are sitting on the same bench, also observe if he tries to approach – and make simple physical contact – with you. If so, it's a sign that he really likes you.
Step 4. Observe her smile
One of the easiest signals a man can give is a smile. If he's basically a smiley person, try to observe how many of his smiles are directed at you.
Step 5. Observe his gaze
Quietly, try to see if he steals glances when you're looking away. If he's caught watching you, he's likely to look down right away, look back at you and then look down immediately after, or keep his eyes on you.
Look into his eyes. If you stare at each other for longer than you should, it's possible that he really likes you
Method 3 of 3: Listening to it
Step 1. Pay attention to the things he asks
If he likes you, he will most likely ask you a lot of questions. Some men are very good at finding loopholes to ask crucial things implicitly. If he does, it means he's looking for the same interests as you.
If it turns out that you both share a common interest – and that excites him – post a follow-up comment or question. Doing so can also help you identify whether he's lying or not
Step 2. Listen to the tone of the voice
Some men change their pitch without realizing it; depending on who they are talking to. Listen to her tone of voice when she's chatting with her male friends, then listen to her tone of voice when you're both talking. If it's the same, chances are he doesn't like you. If his voice becomes deeper and softer when he's talking to you, it's likely that he really likes you.
Step 3. Notice if he starts to stutter
Some people feel too awkward in front of the person they like to speak stuttering. If he's showing these signs, it could mean that he really likes you but is too shy to talk to you.
If you want to calm him down, try placing your palm on his shoulder or upper arm
Step 4. Observe a boring topic of conversation
If you both like each other, any topic should still excite you. Usually, two people who like each other won't just stop chatting just because the topic is boring. Recall your conversation so far; Are there really boring topics of conversation that he (and you) treats with passionate body language?
Step 5. Talk to him on the phone
If he likes you (and vice versa), try talking to him on the phone. Why wait for him to call you? Show your initiative and contact him first! Observe if the conversation between the two of you feels flowing without being forced.
Some people are lazy to use their cellphones. But don't worry, you can still recognize people who are willing to try to get out of their comfort zone for you
- If he seems confident in front of other women but shy and nervous in front of you, chances are he really likes you.
- Trust your heart. Remember, your heart never lies. If you really believe that he likes you, chances are he does. Don't fool yourself!
- If you like him too, try flirting with him in person or via online chat. If he responds positively (and reciprocates your flirting), chances are he really likes you.
- Observe when your hand or foot accidentally comes into contact with it. If he likes you, he's likely to immediately look awkward or even freeze because he's too nervous.
- One method to find out how someone is feeling is to do a "personal territory test." Try to give small touches in the personal area such as the shoulders or arms. If he likes you, he's likely to try to avoid it while reacting shyly or staying put.
- Does he avoid your gaze but look very happy when you approach? If so, chances are he really likes you. So why is he avoiding your gaze? Because your gaze intimidates him.
- Just because he looks nervous around you, doesn't mean he has to like you. It could be that he does feel awkward if he has to be close to all the women. But if he seems okay with other women and isn't in front of you, chances are he really likes you.
- Just because he's flirting with you doesn't mean he has to like you. Be careful, he could also do it to other women. Be careful in concluding things and sharpen your instincts.
- There's no need to try to analyze every emotion and sum it up the way you want.