Nowadays, high top sneakers are increasingly being loved by many people. In the 1980s, high top sneakers became known as a popular shoe. Today, high top sneakers are back in trend and are sold in various colors, models and brands. Even some well-known brands such as Isabel Marant, Viktor & Rolf, and Michael Korf also issued their own designs. Because they look dominant, high top sneakers are sometimes difficult to match with other clothes. However, when combined well, high top sneakers will look attractive and make your appearance more unique, modern and fashionable.
Part 1 of 2: Choosing High Top Sneakers
Step 1. Find out what model of sneakers you want
What model of sneakers do you want; thin or thick? Thin high top sneakers, such as Converse sneakers, are made of a lighter material. When tied all the way up, these sneakers will tightly wrap the foot. Thick high top sneakers, like the Nike Air Force 1 or Reebok Freestyle, are wider at the ankles and appear thicker.
- One of the downsides of thin high top sneakers is that if the laces are tied all the way up, your ankles will look small and a little awkward.
- Thick high top sneakers will probably make your feet look bigger than usual.
Step 2. Determine the desired shoe brand
What brand of shoes have you bought before? Which shoe brand looks cool and comfortable when you wear it? Converse? Nike? Reebok? Do you actually want to buy high-end sneakers like Raf Simons, Michael Kors, or Isabel Marant?
One of the most important things when buying high top sneakers is the size. Make sure the shoes you choose fit your feet. This may sound trivial. However, some people still have difficulty choosing the right shoe size, especially when buying shoes on the internet,
Step 3. Determine the desired color
Consider what colors match your style. Also consider the color of the shoes that match the clothes you already have. This is done so that the combination of your clothes and shoes looks more attractive.
- Simple high top sneakers are generally more attractive. Black sneakers, such as the Reebok Classic Black High Top, are the safest choice for both men and women. Black color will go well when combined with any color. You can also choose white or dark shoes, such as red, dark blue, etc.
- Sneakers with a unique shot of color may also be of interest. Of course, you want to wear shoes in colors that reflect your personality. However, make sure the injection of a unique color is not too dominant and only consists of one color. If you want to wear sneakers in bright colors, whether or not the shoes will fit will depend on the clothes you're wearing.
- If you're looking to buy colorful sneakers, think again. You may like the color, but also think about whether or not it matches your personality and wardrobe. Also think about whether the shoes are suitable to be worn for months or not. Unique shoe colors can be exciting at times, but they can also be exhausting.
Part 2 of 2: Wearing High Top Sneakers
Step 1. Wear tight jeans with high top sneakers
It's an interesting and contemporary combination. Plus, this combination works for both men and women as tight jeans are in high demand! Be smart when pairing tight jeans or other tights with sneakers. For example, if you're wearing black jeans, pair them with colored high top sneakers. If you're wearing colored jeans, pair them with sneakers that aren't too flashy in color.
- Don't wear Converse shoes and jeans in the same color (unless they're both black. Black is a basic, classic color).
- This look will highlight the shoes and pants you are wearing.
Step 2. Wear wide pants when wearing thin high top sneakers
Pair Converse shoes or other thin sneakers with pants that expand at the calf so that the skin between the pants and shoes can be seen occasionally. This combination can also make your body proportions look attractive. This look is perfect for most women!
For men, never mix baggy pants with high top sneakers. This combination will make the appearance look fuller. Instead of looking cool, this combination actually makes men look shabby and untidy. It's a good idea to pair high-top sneakers with tight or straight jeans, an attractive t-shirt, and an unbuttoned cardigan (preferably a cardigan and shoes of a similar color)
Step 3. Fold the jeans to create a volume that will balance out the sneakers
Since cropped pants are in vogue, the combination of folded jeans with sneakers is perfect for spring and summer. This combination is suitable for both men and women.
- Make sure that no part of the sock is visible.
- Cutting or folding the leg holes in your jeans can draw attention to the shoes you're wearing. Apart from that, you can also show off your ankles. This look will look great if you wear clean, fashionable, and one-tone sneakers.
Step 4. Make your sneakers charming
For women, wear a dress or skirt and high top sneakers. This is an attractive combination for women. This combination will accentuate your legs and make them look longer and slimmer.
- It's a good idea to pair thick sneakers with a skirt or dress. Since these sneakers are quite heavy, they will look dominant on their own. In addition, these shoes will look more attractive if they are not combined with loose or tight pants.
- Do not combine dresses or skirts with thin high top sneakers. Sometimes, this combination looks a little old-fashioned. This combination is very similar to Avril Lavigne's 2003 style.
- Wear socks when wearing high top sneakers.
- Men can also make high top sneakers look more attractive without having to wear a skirt. A trench coat with the right size will look attractive and modern when combined with the right high top sneakers. However, choose the right combination so you don't look like you're wearing a costume from the movie "The Breakfast Club"!
Step 5. Pair shorts with high top sneakers for a summer look
This is an excellent option for men who don't like wearing shorts and sandals in summer. For women, a combination of shorts and high top sneakers will make the appearance look modern. In addition, this combination will also highlight your body shape and make your legs look more attractive.
Step 6. Tie the laces of the sneakers
This is one of the important stages when wearing high top sneakers. Of course you want to look cool, and not look like a lazy person who doesn't want to tie his shoelaces.