If you want a guy to notice you, one of the best ways to get his attention is to talk to him. However, talking to your crush can be difficult at times. Approaching someone you adore does make you depressed. Therefore, try to stay calm and start a conversation with him. Keep the conversation going, then try to chat with him more so you can get to know him. When you're ready, ask him out on a date. However, remember that you can't force someone's feelings to like you, so be prepared for rejection at any time.
Part 1 of 3: Starting a Conversation
Step 1. Practice what to say if you are nervous
Of course it's scary when you have to start a conversation with the idol of the heart. While it may sound silly to you, some people find that practicing what they want to say from the start can make it easier for them. If you're not sure which approach to take, stand in front of a mirror and practice first.
- Think of a way to start a conversation. Where do you usually see your crush? If you're in the same class as him, you can try asking him about assignments or commenting on the last exam he took.
- You don't have to plan what you want to convey word for word. In fact, too much practice like that can make a conversation sound stiff. Instead, prepare an overview of what you want to talk about.
Step 2. Look for things to start a conversation with
Look for observations or comments that can start your conversation with him. There are various ways to start a conversation. After you talk, you can keep the conversation going so you can get to know the person.
- Try starting the conversation with a compliment. For example, you could say, “Hi! I love your sweater!”
- You can also make observations. For example, try saying, “What did you think about yesterday's quiz? I thought the quiz was very difficult.”
- You can also ask questions. For example, you might ask, “Do you know the deadline for the report? I forgot to write it down."
- Try to approach him in a comfortable atmosphere. If his attention is not distracted, it will be easier for you to get his attention.
Step 3. Ask questions
Once you start chatting, ask a few questions. It can be difficult to have a comfortable and relaxed conversation at first. Therefore, one tip to keep in mind is that people generally like to talk about themselves. If you want your crush to keep talking, ask him a few questions. It also helps you get to know him better.
- For starters, ask questions about things you both share. For example, you could ask, "What do you think about this class?" or “Are you going to watch a football game this season?”
- After the conversation, try asking questions that are broader and related to the topic at hand. If the two of you are chatting about a movie you watched in class, try saying, for example, "What kind of movies do you generally like?"
Step 4. Keep the conversation going for the right amount of time
In early conversations, make sure you don't chat for too long. Watch his reaction. End the conversation when it looks like the conversation has reached its end.
- After you've talked a lot about a particular topic, you both may feel that there's not much more to talk about. He may begin to give brief responses to your questions.
- That doesn't mean he isn't interested. Every chat has a "natural" beginning and ending. Instead of forcing the conversation to last longer, it's a good idea to end it. Find a "natural" way to end the conversation. For example, you could say, “Ah, I have to get ready for my next class. See you again!"
Part 2 of 3: Stay In Touch
Step 1. Talk about the things you are both interested in
You need to be yourself when you're around him so you don't want the two of you to always talk about him or the things he's interested in. Make sure he gets to know you too. Once you start chatting with him often, look for things you both share an interest in so you can talk about it together. This way, the two of you can get to know each other better and bond with each other with what you have in common.
- For example, let's say you finally found out that you both love the show "Running Man." Ask him about the last episode that aired. For example, you might ask, “Did you watch “Running Man” last night? Last night's episode was hilarious!”
- From there, you can search for broader topics to talk about. For example, you could ask, “Do you like Korean popular culture? I just love the television shows and the music.”
Step 2. Get to know him by asking a few questions
If the conversation starts to get boring, try asking questions. Usually, by asking someone about themselves the conversation will get interesting again. In addition, you can also find out if you can finally ask her out. If you have a lot in common, both in terms of interests and opinions, chances are that you and your crush are a good match. Try asking questions like:
- "What's your favorite movie?"
- "What are your hobbies?"
- "What is your favorite subject at school?"
- "What's the coolest place you've ever been?"
- "Which television character do you like the most?"
Step 3. Be yourself
When you really like someone, it's sometimes tempting to try and be the person you think they'd be interested in dating. For example, if your crush is passionate about sports but you're not very interested in sports, you may be tempted to pretend to be a big sports fan. Don't pretend like that. Don't deny your interests, hobbies, and friends you have just because you're afraid of being judged or rejected by them. You can politely show disinterest (e.g. by saying, "Oh, I'm not really that interested in football") and use the moment to let him know about you (e.g. by adding, "I actually really like going to live music shows." ").
This can be hard to do, especially when you're really in love with him. However, remember that someone who doesn't like or accept you for who you are is ultimately not the right match
Step 4. Try to text him often
If you have their contact number, texting can be a form of communication that will help you get to know them better. Try texting him every now and then and see how he responds. This will help you find out if he likes you too. A guy who texts back quickly is more likely to be attracted to you.
- Be yourself when texting. If he asks a question, answer it honestly. Use your messaging style and show your unique sense of humor.
- Occasionally insert emoji. You should not insert too many emojis. However, occasionally inserting a smile can be considered a form of seduction.
- Let him start the conversation once in a while. Don't overwhelm him by constantly texting him first.
Step 5. Try to show a little seduction
While getting to know him more closely, try to show a little flirtation. The flirt can convey interest and allow you to guess whether or not he likes you too. If he flirts back, there's a good chance he's interested in you too.
- Smile. The smile shown can make other people who see it smile too. The key is that you need to maintain eye contact with him while still smiling. This way, the tension can be reduced so that the atmosphere feels good (even when you try to seduce him). A smile also makes him compelled to pursue you. Give him a small smile, then turn away.
- Show eye contact. This helps you convey your interest in him.
- Try to show gentle touch or physical contact. You can touch his arm when you talk to him, for example.
Step 6. Avoid certain topics
Some topics can spoil the conversation and should be avoided. If you're trying to get to know your crush, avoid topics that could make him or her feel uncomfortable.
- Don't put yourself down. Show him that you love yourself and are not insecure about how you look.
- Don't say bad things about his friends or family.
Part 3 of 3: Expressing Feelings
Step 1. Watch for signs of attraction to you
Before asking him out, it's a good idea to find out if he's also interested in you. If he doesn't seem interested at all, it's a good idea to stay friends with him.
- Guys who are attracted to you often show their interest through body language. He'll lean toward you when he talks, make eye contact, and smile a lot.
- A person sometimes slightly imitates other people's body language when he is attracted to other people. For example, a man may cross his legs when you cross them.
- If he makes an excuse to touch you, that may be a sign of interest. He may touch your arm, give you a hug, or try to touch you in some other way.
- You can also notice if he behaves differently when he's around you and when he's around other people. These differences may indicate that he likes you. His demeanor may even be different from the signs of attraction you usually observe. For example, if he usually flirts a lot with other people, while around you he tends to be quiet and shy, this could indicate that he is nervous around you.
- Keep in mind that these signs don't necessarily mean that he's attracted to you.
Step 2. Be honest
Sometimes, it's better to be honest. It's scary when you have to express your feelings. However, if you feel that he is really interested in you, it will be easier for you to be direct and express your feelings directly than to go round and round.
- Make a simple confession. Say, for example, “Yes, I really like you. I wonder if you feel the same way too.”
- Take a deep breath before speaking. This way, you will stay calm.
Step 3. Ask her out on a date
If everything goes according to plan, ask him out on a date. Try saying, for example, "Would you like to see a movie tonight?" or “Would you like to be my graduation companion?” Starting something like this can be difficult at times, but if you and your crush share the same feelings, you can do it much easier.
Step 4. Deal with possible resistance
You can never be 100% sure that your crush is attracted to you. Even if you think you've read the signs well, there's always a chance that he won't reciprocate your feelings. If that happens, try to accept reality and get up.
- If he refuses, don't question it or get angry with him. Try saying, for example, “Okay. I'm disappointed, but I'll try to understand it." After that, say goodbye and leave him.
- Get support from friends and family members. Find someone who can listen to your complaints and disappointments.
- Do nice things for yourself after you experience disappointment. Buy new clothes or other snacks. Take a day off or try to watch a movie with friends.
- When talking to your crush, don't cross your arms in front of your chest, play games or sit with your phone. This could indicate that you are feeling insecure or bored.
- Try to stay calm. Just imagine that your crush is a family member or someone who is close enough to you (and makes you feel comfortable around him).
- If you're having trouble in class, ask him for help. On the other hand, if he's having a hard time, try offering to help. This way, you can get a chance to be alone with him.