An obsession with LEGO toys can bankrupt you; however, there are several ways to get LEGOs for free. Whether you're just looking to find some LEGO pieces you've lost to a vacuum cleaner, or want to get your hands on the whole set, here are some ways to get LEGOs without spending a penny!
Method 1 of 5: Become a LEGO VIP
Step 1. Register in LEGO to become a VIP
LEGO VIP status is available to anyone aged 18 and over. As a VIP, you'll enjoy select shopping days at the LEGO store and access free samples during special events.
- Go to the LEGO.com site in a browser and click on the link to the VIP segment.
- Complete online registration.
- When shopping at LEGO.com, click Join VIP program when checking out.
- Register at the official LEGO store to join the VIP program.
Step 2. Sign up for the VIP newsletter and LEGO special offers
As a LEGO VIP, you will receive notifications when new products are launched and the opportunity to sign up for special VIP rewards. Take advantage of all VIP member benefits to increase your chances of receiving free LEGO products.
Step 3. Attend a special VIP shopping day at the nearest LEGO store
Check the LEGO website to find the nearest store in your city. Each store participates in special VIP shopping hours and gives gifts and gifts to VIP attendees.
Arrive as early as possible on VIP shopping day to ensure gifts are still available; The number of prizes given is limited
Method 2 of 5: Retrieval of the Missing Part
Step 1. Find the LEGO set box to find the missing piece
Look at the set of numbers next to the box or on the instructions. If you can't find both, look up the product number online.
- Visit www.lego.com/en-us/products.
- Scroll down to browse LEGO product images and find the theme and set you want.
- Copy the set of figures so you can use them later when requesting a LEGO piece.
Step 2. Visit LEGO.com
If any LEGO parts are damaged or missing, you can have a replacement part shipped free of charge. Access the customer service segment on the LEGO.com page by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
- Click the “Missing Parts” link.
- Enter your age and country of origin on the “Bricks & Pieces” page (you must be 18 years or older to shop on the LEGO.com site). Click “Next” (next).
- Ask your parents for help if you are less than 18 years old.
Step 3. Select “My new set has a missing piece” (there is a missing piece in my new set) or “My new set has a broken piece” (there is a broken piece in my new set)
Type in the number of your LEGO set. Click “Go” (go). You will be taken to a page listing all the parts included in the associated set.
- Not all parts are available all the time.
- If the part you want is out of stock, you can request that a new one be sent when it becomes available.
Step 4. Select the missing piece
Click "Checkout" (check out) when finished selecting the desired section.
Step 5. Enter the shipping address, including the email address
Click “Next” then confirm delivery. Unless you choose to purchase the part, this order should be free of charge.
Step 6. View your email confirmation
The LEGO ordered should arrive in a few weeks.
Method 3 of 5: Entering the LEGO Contest
Step 1. Install Google Alert for “LEGO Contest”
LEGO sometimes holds structure building contests. The prize is a large and expensive LEGO set.
- Go to Google.com/alerts. Type “LEGO contests” into the question bar.
- Type in your email, and select a reminder frequency.
Step 2. Follow the Google Alert link that goes to your inbox
Read the instructions carefully so you know what it takes to win the contest.
Step 3. Use your LEGOs to build creative designs
Most LEGO contests are held during the holiday season or the promotion of new LEGO products. Try to be creative as possible.
- Follow the contest theme to increase your chances of winning.
- Some contests even allow you to submit more than one work per person so build multiple designs to maximize your chances.
Step 4. Take a high resolution photo of the LEGO structure or object being built
Upload to the contest site, and enter personal information to enter the contest.
Step 5. Wait for a few days to weeks to know the contest results
If you win the contest, you will be notified and receive your prize within a few weeks.
Some contests have an age limit so make sure you read the contest details before signing up
Method 4 of 5: Getting LEGOs for Halloween
Step 1. Put on your favorite Halloween costume on Halloween day
Consider customizing your favorite LEGO character or structure.
Step 2. Head to the LEGO store for a trick or treat
LEGO stores often give out free LEGOs on Halloween for costumed customers.
Step 3. Check the LEGO store in your city via the internet
LEGO stores and some major toy stores are holding LEGO lucky draws during the Halloween season. Try checking online if the LEGO store in your city is holding a raffle.
Method 5 of 5: Rent a LEGO
Step 1. Register for a membership service that rents out toys
Instead of buying expensive new LEGOs, you can rent as many sets to play with for a more affordable monthly fee.
Step 2. Select the set you want to build
Once you've selected the set you want to play with, the rental service will send the LEGO set and instructions to your doorstep.
- You can list several LEGO sets you want to rent in order.
- Each set will be sent after you return the previous set.
- Most rental services only allow their customers to rent one set at a time.
Step 3. Build the LEGO set
Have fun and play LEGO sets to your heart's content as long as your membership is active.
Step 4. Restore the set when you're done
If you have returned the set that is being borrowed, the rental service will send the next LEGO set on your rental list in order. Save the LEGO set until you're done and return it to get a new LEGO set.
You will be fined if any part of the rented LEGO set is lost while it is being built or played
- Keep your LEGO VIP member contact information up-to-date.
- Use the LEGO VIP member card and number every time you buy to earn points and discounts later on.
- Make the most of your LEGO rental membership by building and restoring sets as quickly as possible to rotate as many sets as possible during your membership.