Temple Run 2 is a game that uses the same concept as the first Temple Run. However, there are some new elements implemented into Temple Run 2. The game is available on the App Store (for iOS devices) and Google Play Store (for Android devices) and can be downloaded for free.
Part 1 of 3: Playing the Game
Step 1. Open the game
After waiting a few seconds, the game menu will appear. In that menu, you can browse the available menus or start the game immediately.
Step 2. Pay attention to the layout of the game
Temple Run 2 has a simple interface. We recommend that you first study the buttons and other interfaces displayed on the screen before starting to play. This is very important because when playing you can't pay attention to anything other than the running track.
Step 3. Follow the Tutorial
You will start running when the game starts. Huge monsters will chase you in this game. Thus, you have to keep running. The main objective of the game is to run away from the monsters while avoiding the obstacles that appear. A short tutorial (game section that teaches you how to play the game) will appear at the beginning of the game. So don't worry if you don't know how to play this game.
- This tutorial will teach you how to jump over a chasm. You can jump by sliding your finger over the screen.
- To turn left or right, you just need to slide your finger in the desired direction. For example, if you want to turn left, slide your finger to the left of the screen.
- You can also slide by sliding your finger down the screen. This movement is useful for passing through short gaps.
- You can also tilt the device to make your character move left, right, or center.
Step 4. Collect coins (Coin)
When you see a coin, tilt the device in the direction where the coin is. These coins are very important to increase Power-ups (items that can temporarily increase a character's abilities), abilities (Abilities), and other factors that help you run more efficiently in Temple Run 2. Coins can also be used to unlock clothes (Outfits), character (Runner), hat (Hat), and so on.
Step 5. Get Power-ups
While running, you'll find Power-ups. Take Power-ups whenever possible because Power-ups give you certain abilities that help you run further in the game. The power-ups you get only give you the ability for a few moments. Thus, you should make the most of it.
Step 6. Complete the Objective
Apart from trying to run as far as possible, there are several Objectives (missions that players can complete to earn certain rewards) available in Temple Run 2. Completing Objectives, such as collecting gems (Gem), coins, and running within certain distances, can provide additional bonuses.
Step 7. Try again if your character dies
The game is designed as a game that requires the player to run as far as possible. Thus, the game has no ending. You will keep running on the game. If you fall or hit a tree trunk, it's game over. The Game Over screen (the screen indicating that the game is over) will give you several options.
- You can post earned Stats to Twitter or Facebook.
- Go to the Store menu and use the collected coins and gems to upgrade your character's abilities.
- You can adjust certain settings in the game's main menu.
- You can revive your character and try playing the game again.
Part 2 of 3: Exploring the Mining Area
Step 1. Drive the mine cart
Temple Run 2 adds a walkable mining area. Also, instead of running, you'll be driving a mine cart through the area. When you're driving a mine cart, some of the controls for moving your character will change.
- Sliding your finger down the screen makes your character bend, not slide.
- Tilting the device changes the trajectory of the mine cart.
- While driving a mine cart, the character cannot jump.
Step 2. Keep your balance
While driving a mine cart, you may come across a half-destroyed rail. To get past the rails, you'll need to tilt the mine cart toward the tracks that are still passable.
Part 3 of 3: Using Power-ups
Step 1. Know the available Power-ups
Like the first Temple Run game, Temple Run 2 provides Power-ups that help you run further. All Power-ups can be upgraded to enhance or extend the duration of the Power-up effect.
- Shields. Shields are standard Power-ups that protect you from things that threaten your character, such as fire, spiked wheels, tree trunks, and blocks of rock.
- Coin Magnets. Coin Magnet can be unlocked when you reach level 5. This power-up attracts coins automatically. That way, you don't have to touch a coin to get it.
- Boost. Boosts are Power-ups that help players run faster. By getting these Power-ups, you can overcome obstacles that threaten your character, including chasms. However, these Power-ups will make it difficult for you to get coins because your character runs really fast.
Step 2. Unlock the character
You can buy characters in this game. To unlock a character, you must reach a certain level and stat. The available characters have unique abilities.
- Guy Dangerous. This character can be obtained for free. Special ability: Shield.
- Scarlett Fox. It can be purchased for 5,000 coins. Special ability: Boost.
- Barry Bones. It can be purchased for 15,000 coins. Special ability: Coin Bonus. This ability gives you an additional 50 coins.
- Karma Lee. It can be purchased for 25,000 coins. Special ability: Score Bonus. This ability gives you an additional 500 points for the score.
Step 3. Improve your abilities
You can upgrade the Ability to increase the points earned by playing the game.
- Pickup Spawn: This ability increase makes Spawn Pickups appear 10% more often.
- Head Start: This ability upgrade reduces the cost of using Head Start by 250 coins.
- Score Multiplier: This ability increase adds 1 point to the Score Multiplier.
- Coin Value: This ability increase doubles the coin value.
- Save Me: This ability reduces the cost of using the Save Me ability. The more upgrades you buy, the less gems you need to bring your character to life.
- You will get Power-ups at the exit of the mining area. Therefore, be prepared to jump.
- If you hit an obstacle, your Power Meter and running speed will decrease. Be careful with monster chases.
- If your character dies, you'll have to restart the game, unless you have gems that can bring your character back to life. Gems can be purchased or earned while running.
- Save money on expensive ability upgrades.
- Play games sitting down. You can play the game better when your body position is comfortable.
- You can view the Stats by tapping the menu button.
- You can upgrade Power-ups and buy new characters by tapping the Menu button and Store button
- If the power-up obtained is flashing, it indicates that the duration of the power-up will run out. If this happens and you're not careful, your character may die while avoiding obstacles.
- Note that the Temple Run game will continue as long as you keep running. This game has no ending. Your main goal is to get as high points as possible and run as far as possible.
- Don't play the game for too long. Your eyes may get tired.