Spending time with your lover is fun, but doing the same things can provide satisfaction that can end up being boring. Instead of just watching a movie at home making out, set up a creative date for her, try something new at home, or plan a surprise for her.
Method 1 of 3: Taking Her On A Fun Date
Step 1. Prepare for the picnic
A picnic is a romantic, beautiful choice, and can change the "pattern" of your date with your loved one. You can enjoy a simple picnic with him by sharing sandwiches while sitting in the garden during your lunch break. In addition, you can also prepare a more complete picnic. Prepare a picnic basket with a large, thick mat or blanket as a place to sit and lie on the grass. Also bring food, water, and white wine (or fruit juice). If you want, you can take him on a picnic somewhere that is passed by a clear and beautiful river flow, then cool a bottle of white wine in the stream while preparing for a picnic.
- Bring food that you can enjoy with your hands and share with them.
- Some foods that are suitable for a picnic include sandwiches, bagels with sausage, ham, butter, or cheese, fruit (eg grapes, peaches), and chocolate.
Step 2. Visit the shock market or spill market with your loved one
Shopping can be boring at times, but hunting and collecting certain items can be fun. Try buying flowers, certain products, and delicious snacks at the spill market or the surprise market in the area where you live. If there are no surprise markets held in your area, try to find out about surprise markets in other areas and visit these markets by driving (or using public transportation). Shock markets (especially those often held on Sunday mornings) can be a fun “event” to start the day. You and your lover can enjoy breakfast, buy coffee, fruit, and bread, and sit and watch the busy people around you.
- The two of you can find silly second-hand items for each other at the surprise market (or yard sale). You might find something useful, but your main purpose in visiting the market is to enjoy the atmosphere with your loved one.
- In harvest season, visit a vegetable or fruit plantation. You can spend the day with him by walking around the garden, and picking or buying the desired plantation produce.
Step 3. Enjoy the adventure with him
If you both have plenty of time, money, and courage, do the unique and challenging things you've always wanted to do. Try bungee jumping, sky-diving, or snorkeling. Climb the highest mountain peaks near your city, or rent equipment and learn how to surf, ride a mountain bike, or skateboard.
Step 4. Take advantage of what your city has to offer
If you live in an urban area (or near an urban area), take advantage of the existing cultural tourism destinations. Visit famous monuments you haven't been with before (or haven't been in a long time). You and your lover can also visit the zoo or museum. Find out if your city government offers special tours or weekend tours (eg in Bandung, tourists can enjoy the city views while riding the famous “Bandros” bus) and end your weekend “tour” with a visit to an art gallery. In the evening, you and your lover can enjoy a romantic dinner with a glass of wine.
Method 2 of 3: Having Fun at Home
Step 1. Play the existing game
Playing games together can be a fun (and relaxing) way to have fun while still having a good time. Try playing card games, board games, or other games that don't require equipment. Choose a board game that you both enjoy, or try a new game that you didn't know about. Together figuring out how to play is also part of the fun that can be enjoyed.
- If you want to play a competitive game, set punishments and rewards that contain an element of seduction. The winner of the game must get something exciting.
- Surprise each other by trying occult practices. Play on the Ouija board, or find an ancient spell and try to cast it.
- Try playing games to get to know each other. Even though the two of you have been dating for quite some time, there is always something to learn more about each other. You can try a game of truth-telling; In this game, each person takes turns telling two truths and one lie. After that, the opponent must guess the lie between the three things mentioned.
- Answer the questions so that both of you fall in love with each other even more. If you want, try to find questions designed by psychologist Arthur Aron and answer them in turn so that both of you can be more open to each other.
- Spell a word by writing each letter on its back. Try to "write" short messages on the back in turn. After that, try to guess the message or word written on the back.
- Play interactive video games, such as Guitar Hero, Just Dance, and Wii Resort.
Step 2. Try cooking together
If the two of you have never cooked together, figuring out how to serve a dish can be fun and satisfying. If you've already cooked together, take a new approach to creating delicious dishes. Make new recipes together, based on random ingredients available at home. You two can also challenge each other to make delicious dishes based on the ingredients chosen by your partner. Compete to cook the best dish using the available ingredients, then turn a blind eye to each other for a taste test (even if you can recognize your dish, it will at least sound adorable).
- Try making imitations of the food you both love from your favorite restaurant.
- If the two of you get into an argument while cooking together, plan what you want to cook together but cook separately. One of you can make a salad, while the other prepares dessert, drinks, and side dishes.
Step 3. Immerse yourself in a nostalgic space
Look for your favorite childhood card on the internet. Try to remember the weird things you used to like. Try taking turns choosing your favorite childhood cartoon to watch together. While having fun with your loved one, you can enjoy a nostalgic feel.
- Try doing other things that can build a nostalgic atmosphere. Listen to music you thought was cool when you were seven years old. You can also watch the "horrendous" music video that you watched at the age of 9 years.
- Enjoy your favorite childhood food or snack that you haven't eaten in a long time while watching a cartoon or TV show.
- Try to find out the things you both experienced when you were little. If there's an age gap between the two of you, or you grew up in very different places and family environments, it may be that you both need to do some research before finding something you've both experienced or liked. The perceived challenge of the search itself can be exciting.
Step 4. Do the project together
If the two of you live together, think of something you'd like to change at home. Maybe your walls need to be repainted, or you need new shelves. Existing photos may need to be framed, or you may have been wanting to prepare a garden plot or box pot to install in front of a window. Tasks that are boring when done alone can actually be fun when done together. Play music you both love while sprucing up your life together.
- If you don't live together, the two of you can still help each other improve things you both like or use.
- Cooking projects that can be done together (with individual tasks) can be a fun activity. Try making canned fruits that you both bought at the market shocked, then share the results. You can also make pickles or pickles and store them in cans or jars.
- Learn how to make drinks together, and give both of your creations silly names. Skip the whole brewing process, even if you have to have ingredients stored in one of your homes. Make a drink label design and print the label. Once the drinks are ready, enjoy them on a date first, then have a small party and invite your friends over to enjoy your and your loved one's drinks.
Method 3 of 3: Planning a Special Surprise for Your Lover
Step 1. Plan a game of finding clues for your lover
Place clues around town that lead him to the final surprise or date spot. He will appreciate your effort and attention to prepare for the game.
- Hunt together using the geocaching feature. You have to follow the coordinates on the map to find “hidden treasures” around a city, park, or forest.
- Create and customize interesting hints for him.
- To make it a surprise, ask him to meet you at the cafe and "help you shop" afterward. However, you can't wait for him at the cafe. Before he arrives, give your girlfriend's photo and a tip to the cafe clerk, and ask her to give your boyfriend a note with clues to find his next clue.
- Make sure to bring your phone with you in case your boyfriend can't get or know the first clue (or doesn't want to do the search himself).
- The final surprise that will be given can be in the form of tickets to his favorite musician's concert, or a special dinner that you have prepared for him.
Step 2. Throw a surprise party for her
Maybe he wasn't having a birthday, but planning a surprise party for him could brighten up his day. Surprises are usually more pleasant than planned activities, as long as the timing is right. Invite some friends who are close to him, buy food and drinks, and give everyone balloons and streamers to release and shoot when your loved one arrives to instantly “beautify” your house with various party decorations.
- To make sure he gets your surprise, ask him to do something for you (eg buy something at the convenience store) and come home in the afternoon to meet up with your coworkers at home. Let him know that your co-workers want to see him, and promise that you'll take him out for a walk because he's getting "to the hassle." In this way, he would come home on time and be surprised that his “task” turned out to be a special surprise that he had planned.
- Customize the theme or feel of the party to his taste. Ask his friends to bring music or games he likes.
- Ask guests to dress in a style that he likes, or according to the theme of his favorite book or television show. After he is surprised by the party being held, give him a costume or accessory that he can immediately wear. She will feel pampered like a queen!
- Ask friends for costume or style suggestions if you're unsure of your choice.
Step 3. Plan the perfect day for her
Actually, the gift doesn't have to be a surprise. If you find out that he's overworked, feeling stressed, or sad, promise to prepare a special day for him. On that day, he does not have to work hard and can relax. Plan every detail, from morning to night. Make sure there are some free activities, planned activities, and enough time to rest and have fun.