Roulette has offered brilliance, mystery and fun to casino players since the 17th century. The game is popular in casinos around the world, in part because of its relatively simple and easy-to-understand rules. However, the game of roulette offers a surprising level of complexity for serious bettors. Before risking anything, learn the basics of this fun game by reading the detailed instructions in the article below.
Method 1 of 2: The Basics
Step 1. Know the equipment
Roulette (roulette) comes from French which means "little wheel". This roulette wheel has 36 numbers and a zero (for casinos in America, there is an additional "00"). A dealer will throw a small white ball that spins and will eventually land on one of the squares of the numbers. Bets will be placed on the table, relating to the boxes to guess the probability of where the ball will land.
- On the table, there are numbers and a few other options:
- The first twelve numbers (1 to 12)
- The second twelve digits (13 to 24)
- The third twelve digits (25 to 36)
- Numbers 1 to 18
- Numbers 19 to 36
Step 2. Know the difference between "inside" bets
In the game of roulette, you have to guess the number or type of box that is where the ball will land. To do so, there are a wide variety of bets you can make. "Inside" bets, i.e. bets placed on certain numbers, generally have a better chance of getting a payoff. You can place bets as follows:
- A straight up bet on a number, with a result of 35 to 1.
- A split bet on two numbers, with a result of 17 to 1.
- Street bet on three numbers, 11 to 1.
- Betting on three numbers can be done with just one coin. Bets can be placed on the ends of any street (a row of squares of three consecutive numbers) on the game table.
- Corner bet on four numbers, 8 to 1.
- Coins are placed on the boundary line of the four numbers.
- Six line bet on six numbers, 5 to 1.
- Coins are placed on the edges of two adjacent streets.
- In addition, for American roulette, there are bets on five numbers including the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3, for a 6 to 1. versus 1.
Step 3. Learn about the "outside" bet
These bets do not involve a specific number and are placed on the outside of the number table, and that is why they are so named.
- Color bet (red or black), with a result of 1 to 1.
- Bet even or odd, with a result of 1 to 1.
- Column bets or on twelve numbers, 2 to 1.
- A twelve number bet (first, second or third twelve numbers), 2 to 1.
- Bet on numbers big or small, with a result of 1 to 1.
Step 4. Realize the true magnitude of your opportunities
At every roulette table (and every game in the casino itself), the dealer always wins. All bets (both French and American roulette types) are made at true odds only if 36 numbers are used on the roulette wheel. Their advantage comes from having square 0 (as well as square 00 for American roulette). There are several theories about how you can increase your chances of winning, but those theories don't apply. But there are a few variations that change your odds:
- In American roulette, the "00" tile increases the casino's odds even more. At a roulette table with a "0", the casino has an odds advantage of 2.7 percent. As for the roulette table with "00", the casino has an odds advantage of 5.26 percent.
- There is a table of French roulette games that use rules that generally help the players. The "La Partage" and "En Prison" rules apply to outside bets with equal odds such as odd or even bets, black or red, and small or large numbers. These rules also apply when the ball lands on the zero square. These rules are similar in that the player will only lose half of their bet, but the player does not leave their bet on the table for the next round of the La Partage rules. If a player loses, then they can take back half their bet on the La Partage rules, or must leave half their bet on the table for the next spin on the En Prison rules.
Method 2 of 2: Playing Roulette
Step 1. Find a game table
Each table has a placard explaining the minimum and maximum bet amounts on that table. For example, the writing on a placard might read, "Rolette. Inside bet minimum 50,000 rupiah, outside bet minimum 50,000 rupiah. Outside bet maximum 10 million rupiah, inside bet maximum 1 million rupiah." The maximum bet at the game table is usually lower for the inside bet because the payoff is higher.
Each gaming table will also have a board showing the previous numbers where the ball landed. While you may be tempted to look at it and feel as if the chances of a number to reappear are very low, the reality is not like that. For each spin, the odds of each number remain the same. Each spin uses the same roulette wheel and ball
Step 2. Watch what happens
There is no specific strategy that can be applied to roulette for any purpose or purpose. Roulette is completely based on luck. Each number has exactly the same chance of appearing on each spin, and it usually does.
- Sometimes, the bookies have certain habits. They may each time release the ball at exactly the same angle and speed during a given session. When the dealer releases the ball, the same numbers are passed each time, which increases the chances of the ball landing on the same part of the roulette wheel over and over again.
- A roulette wheel can become unbalanced. However, many casinos are very careful about this kind of thing. There's no real way to tell if a roulette wheel is out of balance, unless you're willing to watch it spin a thousand times.
Step 3. Hand over your coin to the dealer
In Europe or France, this person might be called a croupier (which means city in Indonesian). In the game of roulette, you don't play with common casino coins. Because if so, how can we find out who owns each coin (since all coins are the same color) after all bets have been placed? For this reason, each player is given a coin of a different color so that it can be distinguished between the bettors. Even coins for husbands and wives are also recommended to be separated.
- You can get coins in different denominations. When you hand over the coin to the dealer, the dealer will ask you what denomination you want the coin to be. If you want to play at a table with a minimum bet of 50,000 rupiah, you can use the 10,000 rupiah denomination or you can also make it 1 million rupiah (or between that range). After choosing, they will place a coin on top of the coin case, with a marker on it indicating the value of your colored coin.
- The roulette coin has no value outside the game table. When you are ready to leave the table, place all your remaining roulette coins on the table and tell the dealer that you want to cash them out. The dealer will give the usual casino coins in return.
Step 4. Know the stages of a game loop
After the dealer clears the game table and pays the winners from the previous round, then the game starts for the next round. The dealer will pause to give each player time to determine their bets. Then the dealer will throw the ball into the roulette wheel and spin it. The dealer will declare that bets cannot be made again for that round once the ball has dropped from the top lane of the roulette wheel into the roulette wheel containing the number tiles.
After the ball stops on a certain number grid, the dealer places a marker on the winning number (or the winning coin bet). The losing bets will be removed first, then the winners will be paid. Then the process will be repeated for the next rounds of the game
Step 5. Place a bet
The first six bets will be placed on the numbered boxes from 0 to 36 on the game table. If you want to bet on a column of numbers, place your bet in the empty box under the three columns. For a twelve number bet, choose box P12 for the first twelve numbers, M12 for the second twelve, and D12 for the last twelve numbers. Finally, if you want to bet on the outside bet, use the red, black, even, odd, large or small squares.
There are players who like to pay attention to other players, either hoping the other players know something they don't know or doing the opposite of their opponent. You can try that too, but it won't increase your chances unless it's by chance
- Making outside bets will result in less money, but your chances of winning are much higher.
- Play only with the profits you get. The game of roulette can be very addictive. Setting firm rules for yourself can keep you from crossing the line.