Weekends are usually used to relax. At this time, people usually have a lot of free time. However, too much free time can sometimes make you bored easily. Fortunately, there are still many interesting things to enjoy on your weekend. Try it every now and then you think of things you are not used to doing and that you are used to doing at other times. That way, your weekend won't be spent just sitting around and doing other boring things.
Part 1 of 3: Find Things To Do On Your Own
Step 1. Read a book
Choose a book you like. Prepare a snack, take a comfortable position in the corner of the sofa, then start reading. You can read books with themes of horror, comedy, sadness, mystery, and many more! It's possible that you can discover something new from reading a book!
Step 2. Pamper yourself
You don't have any plans? Or the weather is not good? Try to escape from reality for a moment by soaking in the soapy water, accompanied by a few candles and your favorite drink.
- Go outside and get a manicure, paddock or something else that relaxes you outside the home.
- Get a new haircut or color, or get a relaxing massage.
Step 3. Create vivid memories on paper
Take advantage of Sunday to express your creativity. Practice your art skills by playing a musical instrument for a few hours, or you can also draw, paint, sculpt, write, photograph, etc.. Whatever the means, enjoy it. Inspiration will always beat boredom!
- Write a few musical verses that you can compose in just one Sunday.
- Start journaling, and use Sundays to write stories about things that happened in the past week. This method can help you pass the time in an unforgettable way.
- You can visit one of the painting or ceramic art studios that can be found in many cities. There, you can paint poetry or pictures using acrylic.
Step 4. Complete your tasks while listening to music
For example, tidying up a room or office space, bathing pets, or gardening. Make your gardening time more enjoyable by finding new types of flowers or plants to plant, or you can also come up with new ideas for decorating the room. You will also feel satisfied after realizing that your weekend was used to do something productive.
- While not a pleasant thing to do on a Sunday, these activities can be sure to be highly productive. That way, you can start Monday better because if you have cleaned the house on Sunday, you can focus on work or whatever is done during the workday.
- For some people, doing homework is a fun thing because it will keep them busy and give them time to think while working.
Step 5. Read the Sunday paper
Relax on the couch with a cup of tea and a book or local newspaper. Interesting stories can help you pass the time quickly. In addition, reading is also a good way to relax.
- You can also watch old movies on your TV or on internet movie sites like Amazon or Netflix. Or you could even do a movie marathon.
- When it rains on a Sunday, reading a book can be a good idea. Nothing beats the pleasure of lying under the covers listening to the sound of the rain.
Step 6. Cook in the oven
Another way to enjoy your Sunday is to cook in the kitchen.
- Try cooking a new recipe or your favorite food. Invite someone to cook with you or share your cooking with neighbors.
- Just the smell of cooking in the oven can make your Sunday even better!
- You can also shop weekly or prepare meals for the next weekday. Do things that can make your week easier, such as preparing a meal schedule for the next day or buying groceries for the week ahead.
Part 2 of 3: Stay Active
Step 1. Try exercising even if it's just for entertainment
Indoors or outdoors, make sure you stay active and get some good exercise at the same time. You can work out informally or join a group that often holds games or practice events together on Sundays.
- Sign up for a gym membership, and see what activities they schedule on Sundays. Alternatively, you can come directly to a fitness center and practice on your own. There is nothing wrong with maintaining a healthier lifestyle. In addition, you can also join a volleyball league that always trains or competes on Sundays. There are many fitness centers that offer similar leagues.
- Think in a different way than usual. How about flying a kite? Or play bowling? Bowling is a very fun activity to do with the family. In addition to the low price, the bowling alley also usually remains open on Sundays. If you live in a warm climate, try playing tennis. If you live in snow, skiing, getting around in a snowmobile, or ice skating can be fun activities for you.
- Get around by bike or simply walk if the weather is nice. If the weather is favorable, taking a walk on Sunday is a great way to improve your mood. Sunday is a day for relaxation, so don't rush. Enjoy the scenery around you, and free all the burdens of the mind.
Step 2. Take a trip somewhere
Bring a friend or two, and drive your car to a place of interest that is only a few hours away. Or plan a trip by bus or train if you want to get out of town in just two hours.
- Spend your few hours enjoying a different environment while having lunch or drinking ice cream.
- Visit tourist attractions in your city. When you live in a city, you sometimes get so focused on your daily grind that you don't realize how much your city has to offer.
- Take a map and draw a circle around the city you live in and a circle outside the line so you know the trip through the city circle will probably take about two hours. After that, every Sunday, try to visit some of the cities that are in the circle line.
Step 3. Enjoy a delicious meal in the middle of breakfast and lunch (brunch)
Brunch on Sunday is a must for many people. You can try a variety of new foods that are perfect for brunch every week (or once every few weeks if you want to keep your calorie intake in check!) Have a great Sunday by enjoying the delicious brunch dishes that many restaurants have to offer.
- Check local newspapers or go online for restaurants that serve great brunch dishes. Places to enjoy brunch are definitely available near where you live. Try a different restaurant every time, and don't be afraid to try new places.
- If the area you live in doesn't offer enough brunch locations, cafes can be another alternative to enjoying your weekend with friends and delicious food.
Step 4. Do an activity related to literature, art, or culture
Even if it's just a movie, play, or symphony orchestra, you can definitely learn something while having fun.
- Visit a local museum even if you've been before. It's possible that the museum has new exhibits that you've never seen. You can also visit a zoo or festival.
- Go see a play or visit the library. Maybe you can find a new book that is interesting to read. In addition, the library is also a quiet place, as a Sunday should be.
Part 3 of 3: Spending Time With Others
Step 1. Get together with your siblings
You can play a game or chat with family or friends. If you don't have a brother or sister, have a conversation with your parents about interesting things. Telling each other jokes can also be another alternative to having fun time with family.
Step 2. Join a group that offers activities on Sundays
Especially for those of you who live in the middle of the city, but even if you live in an area that is not too big, there are definitely many groups that offer other interesting weekend activities. Join one of the groups that you think offers the most interesting activities. After that, you don't have to be confused about what to do to spend your weekend.
- If you are religious, choose a group associated with the church where you are involved in religious activities. The Sunday bulletins given after services at many churches have lists of activities, events, and groups. If not, you can look to the local paper for ideas.
- If you can't find an interesting group, why not create your own? For example, you could create your own book club and organize activities every Sunday, then invite your friends and neighbors to join.
Step 3. Spend your time volunteering
Help others by donating your time at a local hospital, food bank, soup kitchen (community that distributes food, medical supplies, and basic counseling to the poor), or other humanitarian organization.
- You can always visit an elderly family member so you don't feel lonely. Use your Sundays to make other people's weekends more enjoyable.
- What about associations engaged in the humanitarian field? Or community service? Help the elderly by cleaning their homes. You can find lots of ways to help others in need. Contact your local social service agency, church, or town hall for ideas.
Step 4. Create regular family activities
You may always be busy during weekdays. Therefore, why not make an activity plan to fill your Sunday with family (children, wife/husband, or other family members).
- Make a regular schedule for Sunday dinners. You can choose a different cooking style each week or the cooking process can be done in rotation. Or you can go on a picnic!
- Enjoy the weekend by watching sports on television with your family or taking your family to watch a baseball game or other league game that is held in the area near where you live.
- Some families like to take on challenges, for example by finding ways to get active on the weekends without spending any money. What activities can be done at no cost? Besides being fun, a challenge like this can bring your whole family together.
Step 5. Play a card or board game
Hanging out together while playing is fun, but try to do things differently than usual. Play a unique and unusual pack of card games. Or it could be by trying a board game you've never played.
- While it's fun, try to vary your game, not just Monopoly and Cluedo (American board games). Find new games at your local toy store or shopping mall, then try some of them out. Ask your friends for new ideas.
- Board games are also a good way to interact with other members of your family. Bring a neighbor or a few friends if you don't have a lot of family members.
Step 6. Play with your pet outdoors
You can even do sports like soccer or kickball (a mix of baseball and soccer). Play Frisbee if your dog enjoys catching it.
- If your dog enjoys catching tennis balls, play a game of throw & catch with him. Some dogs also like to play baseball (especially in the running).
- Take your dog to a local field and walk around the field, or read a book while your dog is playing. Alternatively, you can take him around the house or take him to the beach if you join a dog lover community.
- You can go swimming, cooking, shopping, doing homework while listening to music so it's not too boring. Alternatively, go biking with friends, relax, read, or watch a movie or TV show.
- Invite your friends over to your house, get creative by painting or drawing, stay active by practicing sports, or find inspiration on various social media such as Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.
- If you have to go to school tomorrow, collect the necessary equipment, tidy up your uniform, and prepare your lunch so you won't be too busy the next morning.
- Try to finish all your work on Saturday. This method will help you reduce the stress on Monday.
- Try something new. Weekends are like a canvas waiting to be drawn. Surprise yourself.
- Find a hobby that you enjoy and try to develop your skills in that hobby, or maybe you want to try something new.
- Just relax! Especially for those of you who start busy on Monday. Make the most of Sunday to relax and refresh your mind.
- If you are bored at home, go outside. You can garden, go for walks and discover new things that you have never seen before.
- Edit the wikiHow. Find unfixed articles and practice your editing skills.
- Avoid staying up late, especially if you have an exam or job interview on Monday. Staying up late can have a negative effect on your performance the next day.
- If you plan to go by public transportation on Sunday, please keep in mind that public transportation rarely operates on Sundays. Some services may be closed on weekends, and even if they remain open, they usually close earlier than usual.